• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Guess who is below you

There was a time that I over decorated for every holiday. I have a shed full of blow ups, lights, sleds, turkeys, and the like. I lost interest when the last child moved out. I guess it was for them that I cluttered the yard and house so. Every Halloween we'd hit every haunted house and corn maze as well but that's over as well. I even dressed up on Halloween and went with the kids to trick-or-treat. (not collecting candy naturally) Fortunate for me, my oldest was born in 1975 and my youngest in 1991. I had a great run. Fun times and great memories but I've earned the right to be the lazy old fart now. :)

Are you all humbug or are you into celebrating the holidays Clem?

Upvote 0
Humbug. I put exactly zero decorations up last year and will do the same this year. Didn't bother with Halloween, no kids come through the 'hood. When my son was little it was a different story, went all out on holidays. When i was a kid my mom went beyond all out and the whole thing just go so stressful I learned to hate it all early.

I'm sure unforgiven will pipe in now...

Upvote 0
Just hope that @lunatic59 doesn't catch wind of current topic. He's the very definition of humbugness :)
I got lucky about fifteen years ago and had the neighbor's tree fall on a lot of my Christmas yard decorations.
I had a flat sleigh and the shortest reindeer in town. It also crushed a twelve foot fake lighted tree. I tossed the remains or they too would be in my shed. I agree with Clem... it's more for the kids.

What sort of decorating for the holidays are you into @LV426 ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones