• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who are you voting for this year?

Who will you be voting for

• Biden

• Trump

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hmm, over in the UK our current government regularly claim that the opposition want "open borders", despite it bearing no resemblance to the opposition's policies, despite having themselves presided over record immigration (legal and illegal), and despite their own policies being essentially performative, designed to "look tough" and distract voters rather than actually achieve anything. So when I hear "the Democrats want open borders" my reaction is instinctively "who is saying that, and why do you trust them?".

Personally, since we will have an election this year, I'll vote for whoever will get the corrupt, divisive, self-serving, regressive and incompetent Conservative party out of office - ideally forever, since apart from permitting gay marriage a decade ago, which I do not think they'd do today since the faction who opposed it have gained in power since then, I cannot think of a single positive thing they've done in the last 14 years (but plenty of harm they've caused). And faced with the public turning their backs on them they currently seem determined to do as much harm as they can to salt the earth for their successors and enrich their pals before they are chucked out.

(Word of warning: our current Prime Minister holds a green card and owns a luxury condo in California. Nobody here believes he will stay in the UK once he's out of office. If I were you I'd try to get that green card revoked, because he will not make a positive contribution to your country).

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
My mind goes back to that old story of the "Trojan Horse" and what happened.
This is exactly what is happening worldwide in every country and it's only getting worse.
(Thank you for the info Hadron, us blokes in the states don't really know what political turmoil goes on in the UK, other than an occasional story from the BBC)...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones