• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] Brick Recovery

When the phone reboots, it will boot into the MiniOS setup screen.
(You can now disconnect the phone and close the Flash Tool.
Don't worry about any fail messages from the flash tool.)

I think i did this step too early. Now, my screen is stuck on "Factory reset status 2" Any way to fix this?
You flashed with the incorrect mode. Reflash with BOARD mode. See the screenshot.

Upvote 0
I end up getting this far with the LG Flash Tool.
LG Flash Tool.png
Step 1 Files.png
These are all the files I was told to get from step 1 I THINK don't quote me on it different people tell me different things.
So IF this is all I need to get my phone rooted could someone tell me what to put where?

Upvote 0
Rooted to Z5 with towelroot method ... phone worked well for weeks but getting a little glitchy wanted to flash evertything over again starting with Z3 then to Z4 then Z5 (went straight from Z3 to Z5 last time) can't seem to boot into download mode it only boots to recovery (teamwin). How can I get it so I can Flash Z3 with LG Flash tool now?

Upvote 0
I end up getting this far with the LG Flash Tool.View attachment 83783 View attachment 83784These are all the files I was told to get from step 1 I THINK don't quote me on it different people tell me different things.
So IF this is all I need to get my phone rooted could someone tell me what to put where?
Read the first post, first page follow towelroot method

Upvote 0
Here are a couple of instances where the "purple streaks" are.
It happens in the Google Play Store, and multiple websites too. Honestly though, this is the only problem I have with the phone. The purple streaks really don't get in my way.

Attachments

• 1426011041172.jpg
    1426011041172.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 1426011058773.jpg
    1426011058773.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Upvote 0
What if you take a screenshot of the phone? I'd the discoloration still there? Curious if it's being rendered that way, or just displayed that way.
Here's a screenshot. You may not see the purple lines, but that's the same site I was on when I took the photo, and the purple streaks were apparent, and I can still see them in the screenshot.

Attachments

• 1426035993457.jpg
    1426035993457.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0
Here's a screenshot. You may not see the purple lines, but that's the same site I was on when I took the photo, and the purple streaks were apparent, and I can still see them in the screenshot.
Did you only look at the screenshot on your phone? Because there are no streaks in that image, which indicates it's a problem with how your phone is displaying it, not how it is actually being rendered.

I did see the streaks in your pictures though, so I know what you're taking about.

I don't know if there's a screen calibration app...I thought I had seen one somewhere, but have no clue where.

Upvote 0
So I attempted the new root method for zv5, And everything went well until the last step. When you do send_command.exe \\.\COM1, and then SH the root, putting in the last command does nothing, because I think its looking for "special command: enter, leave"
Can't say for sure as I did not use this method myself. Double check that your ports, paths, and syntax are all correct. This would be better asked in that thread, or even better on the post on XDA.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones