• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Guide]S-OFF and ROOT HTC Desire with Revolutionary - Windows (published 4th November 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: oossaa
Upvote 0
The All Things Root Guide sticky includes a post on md5 verification, and the useful downloads (toolbox) thread (linked from same sticky) includes another Windows-based md5 tool.

I've downloaded Amon Ra 2.0.1 from both this guide and the toolbox thread, and checked they were identical. The md5 code for these is 528d44d511a27eb30c3105ed54078130, so if you get the same for your copy it should be OK.

Hmm, that all looks OK to me, apart from the result! The file size is right for Amon Ra 2.0.1 as well.

Check the md5. If that look OK, just try flashing again. If that doesn't work, let us know and we'll see what we can come up with.

Thanks again!
yes i have got the same "528d44d511a27eb30c3105ed54078130"

Flashing again. ok. :) I will do it. Thanks again. I will write news soon ;)

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I'm having a similar issue and have tried the same steps feeder did. I'm S-Off using revolution but when I try to Vol Down + Power and get into recovery, I get the hang at the HTC logo. I've tried flashing (and reflashing) both Amon-Ra and CWM.

My original Vol Down + Power:
BRAVOC DVT2 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.06.0000
MICROP-051e
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-2.15.00.02.17
DEC 22 2010,16:16:39

Now:

-Revolutionary-
BRAVOC DVT2 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.06.1002
MICROP-051e
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-2.15.00.02.17
DEC 22 2010,16:16:39

If I pull the battery and then start it as normal, it comes up to the normal rom (which is what I want, just rooted). I've poured over this thread and search and haven't hit anything so I'm either dumb or blind. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I was HBOOT 1.02.0001 until I S-OFFed it, the new details are below.

Fastboot stuff (same as in bootloader main menu up to 'FASTBOOT USB'):

-Revolutionary-
BRAVO PVT3 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.93.1002
MICROP-051d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.17.05.23
AUG 10 2010 17:52:10

FASTBOOT USB

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

BOOTLOADER (highlighted)
REBOOT
REBOOT BOOTLOADER
POWER DOWN

I've also tried both the 2.3.6.3 version mentioned in the main guide and the 3.0.7 version I found which I believe to just be a newer version of the Superuser files, but I'm not 100% sure so it may never work if it's not meant for the Desire. Can someone please confirm this and tell me which SU file to go with, whether I should use the older version in the guide or the newest one?

Exactly the same for me.

My VOL UP+POWER doesn't seem to bring up anything except loading the phone as usual, am I doing something stupid? I also feel like I'm missing something really simple and can't get my head around what it is. I'm quite technically minded, I know what I'm doing here to an extent, but as I have never rooted before, I'm unsure about what isn't happening right and really don't want to mess around testing things and end up with a bricked phone. If someone could point me in the right direction, then great.

P.S.: sorry about the long message, just needed to get all the details and problems across... xD

Upvote 0
Not sure what I am doing wrong now. I have s-off and I am trying to add the recovery file. Here is a screen shot of what I have tried. I have pointed it to the zip file also the recovery file in the sbin directory of the extracted file. Do I point this to the zip file or one of the files in the extracted zip? Thanks for any help.
root.JPG

Upvote 0
I think I got farther along with this but still not working. Here is a screen shot of trying to run the recovery file. Not sure what to try. When I run adb shell and try to list devices there is nothing in the list. I have installed all the drivers. OK, I tried Amon-Ra 2.0.1 revery file and it seemed to work. So now I go to the next step to root my phone and select recovery from the menu and it goes to a white screen with HTC in the middle and just seems to hang there. Any ideas?

root1.JPG

root2.JPG

Upvote 0
Iits because you're flashing the zip. You must flash the .img within
There is no image with in. It is three different directories Ok, I found this file which is an image file "recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.7-bravo.img" I did this one and it says it was successful. Now when I boot into Hboot and select recovery it still hangs on the white screen with the htc logo. I have added to different recoveries now Amon-Ra 2.0.1 and recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.7. Does that matter?

Upvote 0
You can only flash .img files. If what you have is not a .img file, its not something you should even have. Delete it immediately and get the proper file

Ohh, I see. I must have been editing my post as you replied to it. This is what I added.

I found this file which is an image file "recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.7-bravo.img" I did this one and it says it was successful. Now when I boot into Hboot and select recovery it still hangs on the white screen with the htc logo. I have added to different recoveries now Amon-Ra 2.0.1 and recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.7. Does that matter?

Upvote 0
No, they over write each other. Tbh, 4ext is the best recovery imho. You can download the recovery updater app or .img from xda....

I will try that one then. I have a feeling something else is wrong though. Both recovery files do the same thing when I select recovery in the hboot screen. I will post back after I try this one.

I can only find a apk or zip file. No image file that I can find. Can I just down load the apk file with my phone and install it that way?

Upvote 0
Oh crap. I see where you are in the process now.

Just download the .img file directly for now then....

(Desire GSM), (Desire CDMA)

and fastboot flash

That got the job done. I now have a superuser icon. Thank you for your help. I wish they could change the recovery file that this tut asks for to this one. Would have saved me and probably other a lot of trouble.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones