• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent Ringtone Issue

teamtl

Lurker
May 14, 2010
I searched for my particular problem and couldn't find anything so I thought I would start a new thread....

When I set my ringer on silent for anything incoming, whenever I receive a sms with handcent the ringer automatically changes to vibrate and thus changes the default ringtone for anything incoming until I change it back to silent. This is so confusing as to why it is doing this. I have set it to vibrate "never" and it still continues to change settings. When I do a test notification everything is fine as it stays silent as it should. In normal mode it switches to vibrate too! I am considering deleting handcent if I cant find any solution as right now I have manually change the ring tone mode after I get a sms. I updated the application recently, so maybe this has something to do with the irritating change. Is there anything else I can do to stop it doing this?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones