• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Handcent & Shopper not updating

Jinnai

Feb 16, 2010
Recently (in the past...say, 3 weeks), I have been unable to update Handcent SMS and Shopper--both say there are updates available, but when I try to install, I get an "insufficient memory" error. Even using ATK to free up to 90+MB system memory (I'm usually around 35-40MB free), I still get the error. Is this related to the recent 2.1 OTA update?

I'm currently running BB 2.1 (ESE53) 0.8, with HelixLauncher--should I be looking at a newer version?

Any help would be appreciated....

Yes, I assumed I hadn't--I'm showing 14.3GB as free space, which is why I went with the assumption that it was related to system memory. The odd thing is that I'd updated Handcent and Shopper before, it just started about 3 weeks ago. Hrm, wonder if I should just uninstall and reinstall them fresh.

Upvote 0
Yes, I assumed I hadn't--I'm showing 14.3GB as free space, which is why I went with the assumption that it was related to system memory. The odd thing is that I'd updated Handcent and Shopper before, it just started about 3 weeks ago. Hrm, wonder if I should just uninstall and reinstall them fresh.

Upvote 0

you looked at the wrong thing. Internal phone storage at the bottom is what you need to look at. not sd card storage

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones