• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hang at Odin screen

Zacvier

Lurker
Jul 1, 2011
Hi, i was new to Android platform.

I was following this thread to root my galaxy s2.
[GUIDE] And then there was ROOT ! - xda-developers

However there is a step i can't get it right. Under "Long guide (for beginners)", the guide told me to start Odin, but i do not know how to start the Odin. The screen seem to hang whenever i pressed volume up to enter to the odin starting screen.

I appreciate your help. Thank you..

from what i understand, you have to download odin on your pc.

so, with the phone disconnected from the pc, you do the three button combination.
then on the pc you start the odin application.
then you connect your phone back to the pc using a usb cable.

at this point odin should alert you that a device has been attached.

Upvote 0
Yeah entering download mode on your phone is a case of turning off your phone and switching it on by holding the volme down switch along with the home button and power button untill you get the green android screen and asks you if you want to continue or not. Then after accepting to continue you'd boot up Odin on your PC and plug in your phone via USB. I don't know if you had just got your wires crossed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones