• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HARD BRICK LG G2 qhsusb_bulk, but no partitions detected.

jacosip

Lurker
Aug 5, 2015
Dear fellows, I have my G2 bricked
frown.gif
with qhsusb_bulk, by shorting the IC capacitors but my pc doesn't recongnize any partitions.

My path:
1. Open The back cover... sure.
2. Disconnect everything, remove buttons plate and reconnect everything but battery connector.
3. Connect to my laptop (Win 8.1 64bits) It detects LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port
4. Short the IC capacitors. Got QHSUSB_BULK. (But doesn't detect any partition)
5. Connect the battery connector.
6. Unplug USB cable.
7. Plug again USB, and got again LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port-
---
¿What I'm doing wrong?

In shorts...
- No partitions but QHSUSB_BULK mode. What I have to do now? Thanks in advance! Thanks a lot!
fingers-crossed.gif
good.gif

There is 9006 mode (classic bulk where the partitions should show up as "drives" in windows) and there is 9008 mode (QDLoader). Sometimes 9008 shows up falsely as bulk mode in Windows depending on the drivers that are installed. Go ahead and install these drivers..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hovx8h7nauy7e6/Qcomm_Drivers.zip?dl=0

Then recheck how the phone shows up in device manager. The device description should now be more specific and will show if you have 9006 or 9008.

Upvote 0
Thank you I'll do it.

Edit: Well, it seems to be 9008 :( That means the phone is absolutely dead? The PC tries to install HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode, but fails at the end of the install.

Edit2: Finally the laptop installed HS-USB QDLoader 9008. :( bad news sniff sniff

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you I'll do it.

Edit: Well, it seems to be 9008 :( That means the phone is absolutely dead? The PC tries to install HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode, but fails at the end of the install.

Edit2: Finally the laptop installed HS-USB QDLoader 9008. :( bad news sniff sniff

We can fix it. I'll PM you.

Upvote 0
it shows Qualcomm HS-USB QDloader 9008, but no partition n the phone still in blank screen. my phone is LG G2 D802 (International Model/32 GB). I already doing testpont..short the capacitor many times bus still show no partition ....

thanks for your replay

Since you've done the test point many times, pull your motherboard and verify the model stamped on the underside of it to be sure it's a D802. Most people who land in this situation with "D802's" come to find out their motherboard is a different model and that matters when trying to fix.

Upvote 0
You do not need to open your phone to fix this issue... if phone show QHS USB 9008 then it can be fixed. there is a tool to fix that issue... DO NOT OPEN PHONE..

The reason for opening the phone in his case was to verify that it's a genuine D802 and not a refurb with mismatching motherboard. I'm aware of the tool to fix as I've had it since before it was publicly released. But we don't want to go flashing the wrong model's partitions. ;)

Upvote 0
I am also facing the same issue.
I have D802 International 32GB phone.
My phone shows QHSUSB__BULK PID_9008.
Can anybody help in fixing my phone and from where i can download the partitions and tools for this set.

EDIT: After installing the drivers it is now showing Qualcomm HS-USB QDloader 9008 in device manager.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
dbi...
rawwrite dd for windows version 0.6beta3.
Written by John Newbigin <jn@it.swin.edu.au>
This program is covered by terms of the GPL Version 2.

Error native opening file: 0 The operation completed successfully

laf...

recovery...

rpm...

sbl1...

tz...

Done

Disconnect USB then restart device

Press any key to continue . . .

Upvote 0
We can fix it. I'll PM you.
Sir, I have one lg g2 ls980 it stuck on lg logo after upadte from kitkat to lillipop. it was not detectable in PC so i opened the phone and short two capisotors and now phone detected as qhsusb and in ubuntu no partion show
only show MBR: not present BSD: not present APM: not present GPT: not present

kindly guide me how to recover this phone.
thanks

Upvote 0
Sir, I have one lg g2 ls980 it stuck on lg logo after upadte from kitkat to lillipop. it was not detectable in PC so i opened the phone and short two capisotors and now phone detected as qhsusb and in ubuntu no partion show
only show MBR: not present BSD: not present APM: not present GPT: not present

kindly guide me how to recover this phone.
thanks

Start by installing qualcomm drivers on your windows machine to better detect which mode your phone is in right now:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hovx8h7nauy7e6/Qcomm_Drivers.zip?dl=0

Unzip into a regular folder onto desktop. Plug in device and go to device manager. Find device that is phone, right click and update driver. Choose option to provide your own driver and point to the location of the entire folder of qualcomm drivers on the desktop. When done, note how the device is described in device manger. It should be more specific now. It sounds like you may be in a QDLoader 9008 mode since no partitions are showing up for you.

Upvote 0
Hello sir, i need help from expert my phone LG G2 F320L was at 38% so I charge it till 100% battery, after that I start watching same you tube videos, suddenly my phone become so hot, I turn it off then after when I try to to turn it on it won't turn on I have tried every button combination but still won't turn on, even connect on charger no reaction, when i connect it on computer on device manager it is recognized as QHS USB_Bulk after installing same drivers download from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hovx8h7nauy7e6/Qcomm_Drivers.zip?dl=0 my phone is detected as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 but with no any partition showing.

Please i need help thanks.

Upvote 0
Hello sir, i need help from expert my phone LG G2 F320L was at 38% so I charge it till 100% battery, after that I start watching same you tube videos, suddenly my phone become so hot, I turn it off then after when I try to to turn it on it won't turn on I have tried every button combination but still won't turn on, even connect on charger no reaction, when i connect it on computer on device manager it is recognized as QHS USB_Bulk after installing same drivers download from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hovx8h7nauy7e6/Qcomm_Drivers.zip?dl=0 my phone is detected as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 but with no any partition showing.

Please i need help thanks.

Honestly that sounds like hardware failure more than likely. Even if you fix it its likely to happen again. But if you want to try, the fix is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-...-g2-stuck-qualcomm-hs-usb-t2933830?styleid=19

The file/tool in the OP does not work. In the later pages of the thread, there are some posts that link the working unbrick tool.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones