• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hard reboots with BB 0.9?

inssane

Android Expert
Dec 17, 2009
Chi-Town
Using Chevy 7 slot LV 1250.
I have flashed my fair share of ROMS the past few days, but after a 3 time total wipe (consecutive) and a nandroid restore from a few days ago when it was very stable.

My only suspects are a re-downloaded FB app and Dialer One
I am thinking of doing the 0.9 update.zip for good measure.
After a while, you don't know which way is up, lol
Let me know
Nick

I have had sporadic hard boots with BB 0.9 and various Chevy kernels. However, it seemed to always occur with one application in particular. I have switched to a different application and so far (several days) I have not had it happen again. I do have JIT enabled.

The application was "Audio Book Player." I liked this player quite a bit, because it was quite simple. I switched to "Mortplayer Audio Book" and I have not had the problem since.

My thinking is that while certain applications may be perfectly stable on stock, once you overclock or change things they may not be stable. Have you noticed that your hard boots have anything in common?

Upvote 0
I find JIT at this point counterproductive. The benches improve but but for me real world improvement is minimal. Turning off JIT has defiantly made my system more stable. I do play with if with each new ROM out of curiosity but not for long. Same for me with the 3D launchers, I like them but in the long run adios...

I agree that jit really isnt worth the instability for the minimal gain it provides. I dont have issue with the 3d launcher on cm though

Upvote 0
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is experiencing this. It all started yesterday for me. It would be using search ore the browser and it would just restart on me.
I'm running BB.9 and chevy low voltage 7 slot 1.0
I re-flashed BB, and haven't had it happen this morning, but then again, it all started out of nowhere, so I'm a bit afraid it will start again out of nowhere.

Upvote 0
No JIT. I have in the past, not now - unstable.
Peeking at AD, I have concluded that it is kernel compatibility when OC. Others are having issues and I have tried LV, MV, HV 10, 7, and 5 slots from 1000 to 1250 and they all do this (Chevy). I have had issues with Adamz in the past so I didn't try.
Maybe BB1 will resolve this.

Upvote 0
No JIT. I have in the past, not now - unstable.
Peeking at AD, I have concluded that it is kernel compatibility when OC. Others are having issues and I have tried LV, MV, HV 10, 7, and 5 slots from 1000 to 1250 and they all do this (Chevy). I have had issues with Adamz in the past so I didn't try.
Maybe BB1 will resolve this.

It is getting to the point where we are dealing with too many moving parts. ROM changes, different kernels, and constant changes to the launchers are making it harder and harder (but still fun :)) to determine cause and effect. Add the fact that everyone's phone behaves differently in how it tolerates overclocking and other factors, it is almost impossible to give definitive advise. I have been sticking with Fab's ESE81 setup for a while now and except for a few experiments (curiosity gets me every time) I return to what works. Then again, I will return to my masochistic pursuit of kicking it up a few more notches.

Upvote 0
Have this issue when I enable live wallpapers. I am running BB 2.1 version 0.9 stock kernel (Adamz 600 I believe). I tried chevy's LV 5 slot and same result with live wallpapers. So I disabled live wallpapers and havent had an issue since.

Live Wallpapers (some are more stable than others), JIT, and 3D launchers for me have always been the top 3 culprits.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones