• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Has anybody found the Leaked Netflix App

Ok So I tried Cyanogen Mod 7 with The Netflix app as suggested.
Oh my word as it was Awesome!!!

It was beautiful color and SMOOOOOTH playback.

Is there a way to duplicate this in any of the current Roms?? :D

Do we Know why it works so good in Cyanogen but not the other 2.2 Roms?

I know that Cyanogen is 2.3 based but what is it in 2.3 that makes it work?

So I found Netflix 1.3.0 apk from a quick Google search and guess what. Full color streaming on Velocity 1.1 perhaps a reason to hang onto Netflix after all.

Upvote 0
Per jmartino5920 in the "Protected Apps..." thread, this is how he was able to manipulate the build.prop file (I believe its in \system\.) Remember to nandroid before you try:

1. Using root explorer find build.prop and long press.
2. Choose edit text.
3. Change value of ro.build.version.sdk to a value of 8.
4. Reboot.

I booted to recovery and mounted \system\ to my PC when I edited mine, this is much more involved, but does get around the need download another app and edit text on your phone, which is typically a headache to do.

Upvote 0
So I found Netflix 1.3.0 apk from a quick Google search and guess what. Full color streaming on Velocity 1.1 perhaps a reason to hang onto Netflix after all.
Hey Bro would you mind posting a link to the version of the APK that you got?

:D
The ver. of 1.3 I found does not work on Velocity 1.0 I havent tried 1.1 yet.

Upvote 0
Hey Bro would you mind posting a link to the version of the APK that you got?

:D
The ver. of 1.3 I found does not work on Velocity 1.0 I havent tried 1.1 yet.

http://www.androidappsdownload.net/...k-download-more-android-devices-are-supported

This works pretty well. I will say try and kill as much as possible before trying to stream and OC as much as your ally allows. The codec they use allows the video / audio to get out of sync at times. Like I said this happens way less when you focus as much available CPU towards Netflix. Also it will auto install on your SD. Even though it saves you about 8 megs SD is slower than internal (at least my class 6 was) so it got better performance running solely from internal mem.

Edit: I should add that if you phone is performing well the audio / video sync will typically correct itself. I'm running 729 interactive.

Upvote 0
[I need some help. My video and audio are way out of sync... audio is consistently ahead of video. I'm running off my internal wifi network so connection speed should be fine. I have netflix 1.3.0 build 246 and set build prop value to 8 per this thread. Netflix is running on the internal storage and not the SD card.

My Ally is rooted and on Velocity 1.1. I was OCd to 787 but bumped up to 806. That still didn't help. Rebooted and went into Running Services and hardly anything else is running.

What else can I try?

Upvote 0
[I need some help. My video and audio are way out of sync... audio is consistently ahead of video. I'm running off my internal wifi network so connection speed should be fine. I have netflix 1.3.0 build 246 and set build prop value to 8 per this thread. Netflix is running on the internal storage and not the SD card.

My Ally is rooted and on Velocity 1.1. I was OCd to 787 but bumped up to 806. That still didn't help. Rebooted and went into Running Services and hardly anything else is running.

What else can I try?

I am hoping that the next release is going to address this. Kind of rediculous that the codec allows this.

Upvote 0
i got my old ally to run netflix. D2 runs much better but the ally is a decent phone. first impressions are everything. you guys made it worth or i might have signed apple's license agreement. :( lol

I want to know why your Ally runs Netflix well and mine doesn't. We are both running Velocity. Check out my specs in my earlier post. What is different?

Upvote 0
Yes I too would like to know how to run netflix. I have velocity 1.1 and everytime i try to run any netflix app it just goes to a black screen after it is installed.

Check to see that you are running ver1.3 of netflix, and that you have modified your build.prop file as mentioned in ealier response a few posts up. Also check your netflix acct on your PC that you have not exceeded the 6 device limitation, if so unregister any devices that you are no longer using.

Upvote 0
I've had the app for awhile but now whenever I start it it says an update is required for it to work, then it won't download - says device not supported or some such.. Anyone have this figured out, or have they just figured out how to stop us from using netflix except on devices they want it to be on?
No use the device check disabled version on Velocity 1.0 It works fine but it is in black & white. If you DL the newer version it is in color but the Audio to video is messed up. However it all works on Cyanogen Mod CM7... But not much else works on CM7 yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones