• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone heard of chitchat mobile?

GingerC76

Mar 20, 2013
Oz
Funny this phone was a boost mobile phone but since I left sprint I have found about this company called chitchat mobile. What they do is you can either flash your used sprint phone or purchase one of their own phones and you pick a plan for 30 days. I think it's awesome even though the service does run on the sprint network but it's well worth it for those who are sick of contracts and don't really want to go prepaid either. I believe this company is way better than cricket. Anyone else has it? :)

Funny this phone was a boost mobile phone but since I left sprint I have found about this company called chitchat mobile. What they do is you can either flash your used sprint phone or purchase one of their own phones and you pick a plan for 30 days. I think it's awesome even though the service does run on the sprint network but it's well worth it for those who are sick of contracts and don't really want to go prepaid either. I believe this company is way better than cricket. Anyone else has it? :)

Well, unlimited talk and text for 20 bux sounds pretty good. I wonder if there's any "fine print." ;)

ChitChatMobile

Reactions: GingerC76
Upvote 0
Yup. Then there's the $30 extra for unlimited data. So the plan actually costs $50 plus tax which sux and IMO is no deal.

It's nice if you don't want data. Might as well use an old flip phone if you're not using data. :p:D:p
Defeats the purpose of having a smartphone. Sure, you can use wifi but that means you are tied down as far as where you can access data.

Upvote 0
Yup. Then there's the $30 extra for unlimited data. So the plan actually costs $50 plus tax which sux and IMO is no deal.

It's nice if you don't want data. Might as well use an old flip phone if you're not using data. :p:D:p
Defeats the purpose of having a smartphone. Sure, you can use wifi but that means you are tied down as far as where you can access data.

It's not 30$ for me, it's around 21$ :D but IMO no contract bs! To each his/her own :eek:

Upvote 0
Chit Chat Mobile is the only wireless provider to offer customizable plans. Where else can you get unlimited talk & text for $19.99 month and pay as you go data starting at $5 ??

I have a smart phone with unlimited T&T with $5 and my bill is only $28.82. If I run out of data (rarely) I just add more.

My point exactly. This is why I say chitchat mobile is good for me. You can always add whatever you want even before it expires but another downfall is with the unlimited plan you still have to add picture messages as I found out the hard way when I was trying to send a pic :D:rolleyes: I really think they should revamp that idea of including picture messaging on the unlimited plan.

Upvote 0
They need to step it up and put some towers out where i live. Im in the middle of the woods and i get 1 bar. Sometimes i have no signal at all. Its ridiculous.

It's weird out here were I'm at. The signal fluctuates. It'll go from full signal down to 1 bar then right back up to full again. I have no idea what causes it but at least I know the drop in signal won't last long. lol :D

Upvote 0
I have used chitchat mobile's 9.99 prepaid program for half a year. Right now it is the cheapest prepaid for my purpose--limited use of voice, lots of use of text and limited use of data (just checking emails). Signal is fine where I live. Customer service is terrible though, and they seem to have no established way to track the accounts. I have to make calls every month about the time to renew the next month's plan. They don't send out reminder when your plan is going to expire, so I tried to use autopayment, but that worked poorly, my account still expired and I still had to call to have them activate it again. So I tried to make in advance payment, and they seem to lose track of it and disregard my early payment. Overall, it is a pain to deal with them. Have to call or email every month, and they are not very kind dealing with the calls, cause I am using their cheapest plan. I didn't know the cash card is only good for one month either, so I wasted a lot money to buy multiple of them that expired after use of less than 5% of cash, taking account of that it is not so cheap anymore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones