• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root have i bricked my galaxy s

kezm

Apr 29, 2010
ok any help would be appreciated was on darkys 9.5 tried to install debus gingerbread rom on it used odin to flash new kernal and now phone just keeps on flashing galaxy s screen if i put original kernal on it through download mode it stays on galaxy s screen permanently i know its stupid but any help would be so great

Well.. after having the same problem as you and finally figuring it out like everyone does. I installed Darky's 9.5 (or is it 9.4?) and I can't belive the butterness of it comparing my last rom.

This is the phone that Samsung should of release in the first place! the frustration left me completely and i'm more then happy suffering more then 3 hours late night with no sleep to install Darky.

just install it and enjoy the beutifullness of The amazing SGS with Darky.

Upvote 0
darky's rom is the easiest to install. last version i used was v9.5 extreme that worked well in my opinion, i got bored of waiting for gingerbread and have moved to cyanogenmod 7 nightly builds had an issue earlier where com.android.phone wouldnt work so i reflashed. currently i leave the darkys rom .zip on my sd incase i need to reflash back to it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones