• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"have to sign up for Blur" ???

garybeck

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2011
I am thinking about getting a Cliq or Cliq2. I have a no-data account on tmobile (prepaid). I don't want/need a data connection - wifi is adequate for me at this time.

I was watching the Cliq2 review on CNet and it says if you get this phone, you "have to sign up for Blur to use the phone" What exactly does that mean? Is there a cost? CAn I bypass Blur if I don't want it?

Thanks
gary

Reactions: Tazz079
Skip the Cliq. It's a dog. I've heard decent things about the Cliq2 but haven't played with one. It's supposed to be a lot better than the Cliq though.

Blur is Motorola's custom UI they slap on top of the regular Android UI. You can't bypass Blur, but it doesn't cost anything.

as far as the data plan, I think T-Mobile makes it a requirement for smartphones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones