• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root have you tried Tekgrak Overclock (requires root)?

I used it on a DX their all about the same really my opinion over/under clock
set volt,on demand, performance. You want a custom kernel to flash for better battery life, wifi etc...

I know a custom kernel is needed to really get better battery life, but the Marquee doesn't have one yet. I've used Tekgrak on a couple of other devices and it seemed to work pretty well as long as it was a stock kernel.

My question was really if someone had tried it. My daughter wants one of these but it's really sluggish for a 1Ghz proc. Was hoping a little overclock might help.

Upvote 0
I know a custom kernel is needed to really get better battery life, but the Marquee doesn't have one yet. I've used Tekgrak on a couple of other devices and it seemed to work pretty well as long as it was a stock kernel.

My question was really if someone had tried it. My daughter wants one of these but it's really sluggish for a 1Ghz proc. Was hoping a little overclock might help.

I'd agree they are all about the same.. I use SetCPU myself. Though since PlayfulGod has created a working CWM a custom ROM and kernel should follow soon enough... Just being patient myself, though I personally can't wait either.

Upvote 0
I'm curious if any new rooters on this device have tried tegrak overclock. It is supposed to work with stock roms and kernels from FroYo on up... It does require root to run.

Kenn, if you are comfortable modifying the build.prop, try some of these tweaks:

http://androidforums.com/marquee-all-things-root/492051-speed-tweaks.html

I tried these and the launcher is now considerably snappier. Graphics processing is still a bit sluggish, and will be until we have an overclock kernel. The good news is the GPU (PowerVR SGX 530) on this phone seems to actually be pretty good:
AnandTech - Motorola Droid X: Thoroughly Reviewed
And I've read somewhere that the CPU (TI OMAP 3630) is very overclockable. It also appears that something in the software is creating the sluggishness. If we are lucky, one of the developers working will this will be able to really unleash the power of this phone.

Upvote 0
Why to get even LESSER battery life than what we get now! You want it to run faster get another launcher! Running adw launcher and haven't looked back since. Until there's a custom kernel you are not going to see any difference in any app you use on the marquee! Heck playfulgod just made the marquee worthy with CWM working for boost and sprint models! Best thing to do is learn how to make a kernel or wait.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones