• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Haven't Gotten 2.2; Impatient or Rooted?

SLeepdepD

Jun 14, 2010
Maybe I'm just impatient, but I bought my Droid from eBay--used--a couple of months ago. I'm wondering if the previous owner rooted it, if that would affect me getting the OTA 2.2 update? It says I have 2.1-update1 installed right now.

Does being rooted make a difference? How can I tell if my phone's been rooted? Thanks!

Maybe I'm just impatient, but I bought my Droid from eBay--used--a couple of months ago. I'm wondering if the previous owner rooted it, if that would affect me getting the OTA 2.2 update? It says I have 2.1-update1 installed right now.

Does being rooted make a difference? How can I tell if my phone's been rooted? Thanks!

Do you have 'Superuser' in your applications?

Upvote 0
Most likely you just havent gotten it yet. It actually appears they have stopped the OTA and are going to be starting a new one next week.

If you wanna know if you are rooted
turn off the phone then Hold X while powering on the phone.
do you see a triangle with an !. If you do you are stock if you see something that Says clockworkmod or SPRecovery you are rooted.

Reactions: SLeepdepD
Upvote 0

You can manually install 2.2 there was an article on here about it its really easy actually I just did it today when I got my droid

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones