• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Having problems with videos

Hey guys, bit of a prob, did a really quick search, but you know, being hungover doesnt help lol :D anyway when playing videos the framerate is really poor, and sometimes it just plays the first few seconds of the vid and stops, but the audio continues.

So, basically my question is, what are the best ideals for a video to play on the hero

Resolution?
File format?
Audio quality?
Vid Quality?
Framerate? etc

Cheers, James

So, basically my question is, what are the best ideals for a video to play on the hero

Try....

Resolution = 480x320
File format = H.264, MP4 container
Audio format = AAC

You may notice that, very conveniently, this matches the spec preferred by the iPhone/iPod Touch. This in turn means that many transcoding/conversion programs already offer ideal presets. ;)

Upvote 0
I found that Hero doesn't support H.264 video codec very well. I use Mediacoder in Windows to convert media files into MP4 format with following settings in order to run smooth in Hero:

Container: MP4
Format: H.264
Profile: Baseline (Level: 3.0)
Use CABAC: False (in x264 advanced settings page)
Video Bitrate: 1500Kbps (can be lowered depending on your preference)
Audio: FAAC
Resolution: 480x320
Framerate: 23.976

Alternatively, you can use the Mediacoder iPhone/iPod plugin with similar quality.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones