• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Having some trouble getting wireless tether to work on the Inspire

themessenger

Dec 29, 2010
Hey guys I'm trying to get wireless tether to work for my gf's mom. I myself have an LG ally and when I rooted/flashed the custom rom, Velocity, on my phone it had wireless tether and it's worked ever since with no problems. However, on the Inspire, I have rooted it using the guide here on the forum and flashed honeysense using their guide. I then downloaded the newest wireless tether app. That didn't work and I tried another on their page marked for htc, still no go, and I did some extensive searching and found that 2.0.7 was supposed to work on the inspire, and still no go.

My problem is that wireless tether starts up, installs the binaries and config files, starts wifi tethering output, I can see it on my computer/my phone/another computer, but nothing can get an ip from the inspire. I'm at a total loss. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones