• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Having Trouble Factory resetting phone

Metalzone

Oct 16, 2011
I have my frined's phone and he wants to upgrade so he gave me his phone so that i could unroot it and reset it. The problem is that when i unrooted the phone and factory reset it, after rebooting it it went straight to clockworkmod recovery. What do i do? it feels like if im going to brick it and i need help.

I have my frined's phone and he wants to upgrade so he gave me his phone so that i could unroot it and reset it. The problem is that when i unrooted the phone and factory reset it, after rebooting it it went straight to clockworkmod recovery. What do i do? it feels like if im going to brick it and i need help.

You factory reset threw setting and not cwm recovery. Well there is hope, first you need to get exitrecovery.zip on your sd card and flash it to get out of recovery. Next follow this http://androidforums.com/esteem-all...zvd-zvc-zvb-emer-pb-recovery.html#post3775233 and you will be 100% stock in no time

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones