• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Having trouble with Avia over my network?

Mrniight34

Lurker
Dec 14, 2013
I have avia and it works really great casting the Local media from my phone. No issues with that at all, however, I am trying to use Avia to access my network files and having issues.

It finds all my media on my network and plays it on the phone. It however will not cast any of my pictures or videos on the network to the TV. It just says file not found.

It will play all my network music however and cast it from my phone to the TV. I am just using Windows media player and enablling file sharing on my media files. Once again Avia is finding all my stuff and playing it but wont chromecast network files other than music.

I was wondering what DLNA server people are using that are succesfully casting network pictures and video? I really dont want to pay monthly for plex. I have heard avia can find your DLNA files if you have the free version of Plex and also play them. I saw a youtube video that confirmed that for me.

I was wondering if that was how people are casting there network media using Avia to find your plex media and plex is transcribing it for Avia that way? I was also wondering if avia would find XBMC media and if that would be a work around for this issue?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones