1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HDC A9100 GPS Problem

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by IamJeff, Dec 21, 2011.

1. IamJeff

IamJeff Lurker

After two firmware updates and trying every setting I can think of, I still cannot get the GPS on this phone to get a fix on any GPS satellites. I even tried rooting and then using a program called FastFix (or FixFast, I can't remember) but that still did not work. Has anyone had any luck with any of the firmware updates? Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

You can try installing GPS test. But I'm unfamiliar with that device and don't see it in the forum device list to direct you to someplace with more specific information. So either play around with GPS test, or return it as it may just be defective.

A link to GPS test: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest

3. IamJeff

IamJeff Lurker

Thanks for the reply. I already installed GPS Test and used it to confirm the problem. Sometimes, the device will see multiple satellites, but just still not be able to get a fix. Maybe they forgot to connect the GPS antenna in this one. By the way, the HDC A9100 is a look-alike of the Samsung Galaxy s2. Nice phone in all respects, except for the GPS issue.

4. thodoros

thodoros Lurker

Hello,
    how did you make the root?I have made the updatew and i still have the same issue with the GPS.Any new solution?

5. IamJeff

IamJeff Lurker

I ran their updates that were supposed to fix the GPS problem, without succcess. I then rooted the phone but that did not help either. I ran another utility called FastFix. This is supposed to modify a GPS config file on the phone to help get a faster fix on GPS satellites. This did not help either. I contacted FastCardTech.com asking for a refund because they knew the phone had GPS problems. They refused. I then contacted my credit card company and initiated a charge back. I now have my refund and I sent the phone back, they even paid the postage. I am now the proud owner of the real Samsung Galaxy s2. Great phone, fast, and the GPS is perfect! Well worth the additional money.

6. thodoros

thodoros Lurker

I bought the phone pas September.How can i make a refund and charge back after these months?Paypal can't do this after 45 days.

7. IamJeff

IamJeff Lurker

Did you use a credit card for payment? If so, you can contact your credit card company. Explain to them the efforts you made to resolve the problems with your phone. I had paid using PayPal, but had my credit card attached to my PayPal account. To be fair, did you work with FastCardTech first to try to resolve your GPS problems? Did you apply the firmware updates? They also told me that the phone would be compatible with the AT&T 3G network, but it would only use the 2G network. Good luck!

8. thodoros

thodoros Lurker

Yes i pay with Paypal.Thanks anyway

9. bthoven

bthoven Well-Known Member

Hi IamJeff,

Thanks for posting this. I intend to buy one (HDC A9100). May I ask a few questions:

1. how much available storage left inside the phone, for additional apps?
    2. RAM is 512MB?
    3. Do you know it support 3G at 900Mhz?

Thanks in advance.