• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HDC A9100 GPS Problem

IamJeff

Lurker
Dec 21, 2011
After two firmware updates and trying every setting I can think of, I still cannot get the GPS on this phone to get a fix on any GPS satellites. I even tried rooting and then using a program called FastFix (or FixFast, I can't remember) but that still did not work. Has anyone had any luck with any of the firmware updates? Any suggestions?

Thanks for the reply. I already installed GPS Test and used it to confirm the problem. Sometimes, the device will see multiple satellites, but just still not be able to get a fix. Maybe they forgot to connect the GPS antenna in this one. By the way, the HDC A9100 is a look-alike of the Samsung Galaxy s2. Nice phone in all respects, except for the GPS issue.

Upvote 0
I ran their updates that were supposed to fix the GPS problem, without succcess. I then rooted the phone but that did not help either. I ran another utility called FastFix. This is supposed to modify a GPS config file on the phone to help get a faster fix on GPS satellites. This did not help either. I contacted FastCardTech.com asking for a refund because they knew the phone had GPS problems. They refused. I then contacted my credit card company and initiated a charge back. I now have my refund and I sent the phone back, they even paid the postage. I am now the proud owner of the real Samsung Galaxy s2. Great phone, fast, and the GPS is perfect! Well worth the additional money.

Upvote 0
Did you use a credit card for payment? If so, you can contact your credit card company. Explain to them the efforts you made to resolve the problems with your phone. I had paid using PayPal, but had my credit card attached to my PayPal account. To be fair, did you work with FastCardTech first to try to resolve your GPS problems? Did you apply the firmware updates? They also told me that the phone would be compatible with the AT&T 3G network, but it would only use the 2G network. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones