• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Headphone jack port possibly faulty on all F60s?

Incakola

Android Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2012
Lake Worth, FL
I saw a thread already about someone's headphone jack not working anymore so it may just be a coincidence. Just had this problem haunting me for a while and I thought it was my old aux cord but after I used a new one the sound cuts out. So I decided to look in the jack port and it seems like one of the copper panels (left channel) that protrude outward to both receive the source and snap the jack in place has "flattened" and doesn't stick out like the other piece. I contemplated whether to take this to metro and let them handle it but I needed my phone for these coming weeks. So I kinda voided any warranty left on this thing and did some hard modding on the port and managed to fix the collapsing copper piece and everything sounds fine again.

I'm not sure the trade-off was worth it and I'm not familiar with metro's policy on these types of defects. Would they have given me a new f60 or would I have ended up with no phone while they sent it in to replace the part?

Edit: I may have found a permanent fix by using a jack port from an lg g2 board

Last edited:
This is exactly why I rarely use headphones on cheaper electronics. I would love to use it but I know it will break. I became paranoid of headphone jacks after breaking several old TV's with headphone jacks when I was younger. Really sucks that LG would have such poor quality, but again this is a lower end phone.

I'm really not sure if you would be able to get a new F60 since Metro is no longer selling them. Maybe a local store might have a few left but I doubt it. If they were to somehow be willing to replace your phone my guess they would give you a LG Leon, but I don't know Metro's warranty policy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Incakola
Upvote 0
I saw a thread already about someone's headphone jack not working anymore so it may just be a coincidence. Just had this problem haunting me for a while and I thought it was my old aux cord but after I used a new one the sound cuts out. So I decided to look in the jack port and it seems like one of the copper panels (left channel) that protrude outward to both receive the source and snap the jack in place has "flattened" and doesn't stick out like the other piece. I contemplated whether to take this to metro and let them handle it but I needed my phone for these coming weeks. So I kinda voided any warranty left on this thing and did some hard modding on the port and managed to fix the collapsing copper piece and everything sounds fine again.

I'm not sure the trade-off was worth it and I'm not familiar with metro's policy on these types of defects. Would they have given me a new f60 or would I have ended up with no phone while they sent it in to replace the part?
I think you're right my headphone jack is doing the something had to go with Bluetooth earbuds wireless

Upvote 0
-delete this

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1444938535307.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1444938535307.png
    194.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones