• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Headphones and volume on LG Motion 4G

When you plug your headphones in for the first time, the phone should lower the volume to 4 pips below max which would be considered safe for listening.

Thanks for the reply, but yeah I believe that's how it should be - but isn't.
When I plug my headphones in, the volume automatically goes to max.

I've had my ears blown several times from this already because I'm so used to my old phone; just plugging it in and listening.

Although this isn't a huge problem - I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue with their LG Motion 4G because again: I don't think this is intended to happen.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, but yeah I believe that's how it should be - but isn't.
When I plug my headphones in, the volume automatically goes to max.

I've had my ears blown several times from this already because I'm so used to my old phone; just plugging it in and listening.

Although this isn't a huge problem - I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue with their LG Motion 4G because again: I don't think this is intended to happen.

I don't think anyone else will have this problem. Have you done a factory reset or tried the unbrick guide?

Upvote 0
Okay guys, I've finally solved my issue that cost me so much sleep the past couple days (sarcasm) - in actuality just my ears blown a couple times.

After booting up Motion on safe mode; the volume worked as intended (going to 75% plugging in earbuds/headphones) so it was either an app I downloaded or a widget.

After much trial and error of removing apps and reinstalling it was none other than ..

*drumroll*

MetroPCS Visual Voicemail.

What do ya know!?
The very phone MetroPCS released has a bug with it's own app.
Oh well, all in all; thanks for the attempts at helping guys!

~ You can lock this thread now or whatever you guys do.

Reactions: twogbsd
Upvote 0
Okay guys, I've finally solved my issue that cost me so much sleep the past couple days (sarcasm) - in actuality just my ears blown a couple times.

After booting up Motion on safe mode; the volume worked as intended (going to 75% plugging in earbuds/headphones) so it was either an app I downloaded or a widget.

After much trial and error of removing apps and reinstalling it was none other than ..

*drumroll*

MetroPCS Visual Voicemail.

What do ya know!?
The very phone MetroPCS released has a bug with it's own app.
Oh well, all in all; thanks for the attempts at helping guys!

~ You can lock this thread now or whatever you guys do.

Cool that you found the solution.

Ironically the only thing that ever locked my LG Motion up was when I opened the App called

"LG World " !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones