• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Amazon.com: Motorola S305 MOTOROKR Stereo Bluetooth Headphones [Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Service

Tested this one out today with my Droid and it worked really well.

It has pause, previous track, next track, phone answer & volume.

Everything worked perfectly except the phone answer button. I just ordered mine for a paltry $40 and will see if I can tweek that phone button and make it work.

Even if it will not work it shouldn't be a problem in that the music pauses when the phone rings and of course you hear the ring also.

No prob, grab the phone because it's less than 20 feet from you.

The sound is really nice.. Much better than my Denon plugs.

Hopefully I'll have it in time for a couple more mornings raking leaves while listening to Pandora. :D

Now go read some reviews on the link, it's VERY popular.

Upvote 0
I have a bluetooth set of headphones, the Motorola Motorokr S9.

Amazon.com: Motorola MotoROKR S9-HD Bluetooth Stereo Headset: Cell Phones & Service

They work almost perfectly.

I can talk through them, listen to music, pause, rewind and skip.

There is one thing I can't do, the headset has a voice dialing button that does not work on the droid.

Voice dialing used to work just fine on my old Blackberry, you would think that since both the droid and the headset are from Motorola they would work perfectly with each other. I guess I can live by dialing with the phone and talking on the headset, but I would prefer to keep my eyes on the road at all times when driving.

Upvote 0
I bought these: Handsfree Earphone Headphone with Mic for iPhone 2G 3G - eBay (item 150390114571 end time Nov-19-09 05:44:56 PST)

they work well, as expected. the mic button works in the default music player. one click is pause/play. long press is skip song. While on a phone call short press mutes/unmutes the call. Long press doesn't seem to do anything.

Unfortunately the pandora app doesn't respond to the headphones button, clicking it starts the media player in conjunction with pandora, not very helpful. But rest assured that standard headphones with mic and button will work.

Upvote 0
Amazon.com: Motorola S305 MOTOROKR Stereo Bluetooth Headphones [Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Service

Tested this one out today with my Droid and it worked really well.

It has pause, previous track, next track, phone answer & volume.

Everything worked perfectly except the phone answer button. I just ordered mine for a paltry $40 and will see if I can tweek that phone button and make it work.

Even if it will not work it shouldn't be a problem in that the music pauses when the phone rings and of course you hear the ring also.

No prob, grab the phone because it's less than 20 feet from you.

The sound is really nice.. Much better than my Denon plugs.

Hopefully I'll have it in time for a couple more mornings raking leaves while listening to Pandora. :D

Now go read some reviews on the link, it's VERY popular.

Hi - I got the S305, and paired it up easily with the Droid. I can hear music just fine, but it doesn't pause, skip/back, etc., and the volume controls don't work. Haven't tried answering the phone with it yet but it does seem to call the last number OK.

How do I get the controls to work with music on the phone (it's running Meridian, if that makes a difference).

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Any other wired headsets that have music controls and mic that work?

Looking for the same here.

So far I have tried V-Moda Vibe II. I have only used them for a couple minutes and made 2 test calls. Both times the person I called said my voice volume was very low. I had to hold the mic right in front of my mouth for the sound to be normal. That's a bummer...

I have ordered Etymotic Research, Inc. - ETY

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones