• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hello out there world! (epic info)

OptimusG

Aug 24, 2011
I just bought a used epic 4g for sprint and i want to flash it to virgin mobile/root/add a rom.

My questions.

1.is there a order i need to do this? root/flash for vm/ then add rom? or doesnt matter?

2. Most info here is out dated(youtube videos, write ups etc)

3.anyone here know anything about flashing a ens? wanted to know will my epic get 4g even if i flash a esn from a 3g phone...

4. What are some great jb roms for the epic? my rooted phones are the lg elite and v. but i also own stock s1-s3(dont ask why i have so many)

And thanks if someone took the time out their day to read all this crap.

I just bought a used epic 4g for sprint and i want to flash it to virgin mobile/root/add a rom.

My questions.

1.is there a order i need to do this? root/flash for vm/ then add rom? or doesnt matter?

2. Most info here is out dated(youtube videos, write ups etc)

3.anyone here know anything about flashing a ens? wanted to know will my epic get 4g even if i flash a esn from a 3g phone...

4. What are some great jb roms for the epic? my rooted phones are the lg elite and v. but i also own stock s1-s3(dont ask why i have so many)

And thanks if someone took the time out their day to read all this crap.

Hey there :)

Since virgin has this phone as well, it doesn't matter, I don't believe root is required to flash it over. If you flash then root, you'll need to follow virgins galaxy s 2 4g root guide.

Unfortunately we can't point you in a direction to help you flash it over :( violates Android Forums guidelines.

If you want 4g, I believe you'll need to use a 4g esn, otherwise you'll be limited to 3g.

I'm a little biased when it comes to roms, wasn't any tw roms that caught my eye aside from the blu kuban. Aosp though, there are cm10.1 and pacman which I really liked both.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones