• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello!

lmarx

Lurker
Jun 11, 2011
I'll tell you all right now I'm sort of a noob, but I'm being asked to introduce myself so I don't want to lurk. Here it goes!

I got a viewsonic gtablet (from woot!) and just rooted it with Century Eyes (had the 1.2)

So far I'm happy... I'm trying to find tips and tricks to this (is it called a ROM?) to make everything even smoother.

It was nice to see that once I signed into the market I could download all my previously purchased apps from my droid.

So, I'll be reading up and seeing what else I can do with this tablet.

I am an English teacher, BTW, and my main goal is to see if I can open .docx files from students, and use the tablet as I do my 'scribble' feature so I can mark the papers with my comments.... Any thoughts on where I can post a question like that will be appreciated.

Thanks, everyone,

Lilly

Hello Lilly and welcome to Android Forums. I'd recommend you begin your research in the sub forum for your tab which is here: Viewsonic gTablet - Android Forums Another place to search and ask would be the sub forum where we talk applications which is here: Android Applications - Android Forums
Congrats on the new tablet and I hope you enjoy the forums.

Reactions: lmarx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones