• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! Apps Keep Stopping!

IziEzi

Lurker
Mar 26, 2014

I don't know what's going on with my tablet. Many of the game apps that I previously had no problems with are stopping immediately after they've launched: "Unfortunately, [app name] has stopped working." I've also started having issues with my Hulu app, the video streaming was suddenly choppy; I've already contacted Hulu support about it, but I wonder if those issues are linked with my other app problems.

I have reset to factory settings twice, and it hasn't made a difference. Even if I download the problem apps immediately after resetting, before I download anything else, they still stop. The second time I reset, I did not allow any back ups to be restored, just in case something (A virus? A software conflict?) was being carried over.

I've had Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and AVG Anti-Virus running, neither found any problems before I reset.

My tab is running Android 4.2.2.

Is it possible that my tab has just reached the end of its life? I've only had it less than a year, and it was practically new when I got it. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance for your assisstance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones