• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! - Backup and Restore Crisis!

Hi,

I have upgraded my partners x10 from Android 1.6 to 2.1, and I used the 'Backup and Restore' option as specified by the Sony upgrade software which I obtained from the Sony Ericsson website.

On restoring everything I seem to have lost the paid-for apps and the associated game saves.

3 months of Angry Birds progress have been lost. I now have one very angy bird of my own! :(

Can anyone advise please as to how I can get the paid-for apps back without paying for them again, and also whether the old game data might be lurking anywhere... how I can restore it.

Thanks in advance...

Hi,

I have upgraded my partners x10 from Android 1.6 to 2.1, and I used the 'Backup and Restore' option as specified by the Sony upgrade software which I obtained from the Sony Ericsson website.

On restoring everything I seem to have lost the paid-for apps and the associated game saves.

3 months of Angry Birds progress have been lost. I now have one very angy bird of my own! :(

Can anyone advise please as to how I can get the paid-for apps back without paying for them again, and also whether the old game data might be lurking anywhere... how I can restore it.

Thanks in advance...

According to this thread, here is how you get the apps back:

Main: Android 2.1 Update wiped my apps.. Can...

I found the same thing when I did the update. However, after reconnecting to the Market (you'll need to resupply your gmail account info) they showed up in the Downloads tab and I was able to re-install them from there.
The free ones, tho, didn't show up, so I had to find them again and reinstall.
That might get the apps back.

As for game progress...I don't know if there is a way to move your Angry Bird progress from 1.6 to 2.1.

You can backup your Angry Bird data by rooting your phone and installing an app like Titanium....but I am not sure if you were to back it up on 1.6 and try and restore it on 2.1....would that data be readable? I don't know.

I haven't looked too much into it....but I did notice this thread on a different site:

Here is how to backup Angry Birds progress

FYI. Angry birds scores are stored in:
/data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds/files/highscores.lua
Backup that single file and restore and you can save your progress.
---Sephtin

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones