• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help!!! Browser / Router Issue

Ok this has been bothering me since I have got this. For some reason my stock browser gets a hiccup at least once a day.
[URL=http://img10.imageshack.us/i/imag0003mu.jpg/] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL]

When this happens I can not access via the Phandroid App as well (get "error").

Now this is all hooked to my router via Wifi. My phone (Thunderbolt) and my PC can access no problem. If I switch the XOOM to 3G, it will load no problem (as well as Phandroid App). Switch back to Wifi, get error. Seems to go away mysteriously and then everything is fine.

Here is the KICKER. All the above happens when I select the link in my gmail "reply to thread", launches browser, then get the attached error. Usually it will open, and my browser remembers my login and away I go. NOW here is where I am scratching my head, when I am having this issue, if I open browser and navigate to www.androidforums.com it will load. As soon as I log in, get the error?

Hope this explains it well. Please Please Advise!!!! :mad:

I am to the point I want to pull my hair out.

It is either something with the XOOM or a router setting.

Please Please help.

Ok this has been bothering me since I have got this. For some reason my stock browser gets a hiccup at least once a day.
[URL=http://img10.imageshack.us/i/imag0003mu.jpg/] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL]

When this happens I can not access via the Phandroid App as well (get "error").

Now this is all hooked to my router via Wifi. My phone (Thunderbolt) and my PC can access no problem. If I switch the XOOM to 3G, it will load no problem (as well as Phandroid App). Switch back to Wifi, get error. Seems to go away mysteriously and then everything is fine.

Here is the KICKER. All the above happens when I select the link in my gmail "reply to thread", launches browser, then get the attached error. Usually it will open, and my browser remembers my login and away I go. NOW here is where I am scratching my head, when I am having this issue, if I open browser and navigate to www.androidforums.com it will load. As soon as I log in, get the error?

Hope this explains it well. Please Please Advise!!!! :mad:

I am to the point I want to pull my hair out.

It is either something with the XOOM or a router setting.

Please Please help.

Are there other browsers like Dolphin HD that run on the Xoom? I'd try with a different browser as it could be your Xoom itself...or a problem with the HC browser.

Upvote 0
maybe a router issue. that seems to be the common denominator here.

does this happen outside of your local home network?

Weird though that his phone and laptop don't have a problem when connected to the router.

What type of router are you using? Google the XYZ router + Xoom and see if you see anyone else on the net with similar issues. That's all I can think of...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones