• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help - camera and memory card

shannianni

Mar 16, 2012
hi many thanks for letting me register on this great site, i have just got a galaxy ace phone last week, the problem is i have a memory card installed but have noticed that when i take a picture it saves it to the phones internal memory and thus you cannot take alot of photos.
can someone please tell me if i can change the settings somehow to save all photos to the memory card after they have been taken and not moved after been taken.

many thanks for you reading this

shannianni.

hi many thanks for letting me register on this great site, i have just got a galaxy ace phone last week, the problem is i have a memory card installed but have noticed that when i take a picture it saves it to the phones internal memory and thus you cannot take alot of photos.
can someone please tell me if i can change the settings somehow to save all photos to the memory card after they have been taken and not moved after been taken.

many thanks for you reading this

shannianni.

Hi & welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will enjoy the Ace. :)
I'm sure the camera automatically saves photo's to the SD Card, so I can't understand why yours are going to your internal memory. In your "my files" folder there should be a folder called DCIM, inside this folder is "Camera", this is where your photo's go. I could be wrong, so maybe somebody can confirm this? :thinking: Graham - London

Upvote 0
hi many thanks to you both.
i feel a complete an utter wally:thinking:, i have deleted some on the memory card and hey presto i can take loads of pictures.

so sorry for the error.:D

You mean your 2GB card was already full? I presume it was 2GB as I got that with my phone. You could always go in for a higher capacity card (discussed here on this forum) but remember to format before using :)

Upvote 0
hi yes it is a 2gb card but will transfer stuff off it onto my pc tomorrow, would this be ok for my phone

32GB MicroSD Micro SD TF Memory Card

ebay
New 32GB MicroSD Micro SD TF Memory Card+Adapter+ Card Re?ader For Camare Phone | eBay

or this one

32 GB SD HC Class 4 micro SD Card

Upvote 0
hi yes it is a 2gb card but will transfer stuff off it onto my pc tomorrow, would this be ok for my phone

32GB MicroSD Micro SD TF Memory Card

ebay
New 32GB MicroSD Micro SD TF Memory Card+Adapter+ Card Re?ader For Camare Phone | eBay

or this one

32 GB SD HC Class 4 micro SD Card
Dozen of fake SD cards out there. Written "32GB" on card and sometimes Windows shows 32 GB free actually, but when you upload 1 GB, it says that is full :D Don't risk and buy a good brand card (true capacity and much less problems) ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones