• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP Controlbear

carter6739

Jan 2, 2011
As soon as i start controlbear it always says FAILEDstarting up, its not getting an adb connection for some reason??? I uninstalled Itunes, Installed the recomended drivers, unistalled htc sync, still nothing. i even tried different com ports and usb ports, along with using a different cable, this is really frustrating is there an older version of controlbear i can use???

Are you right clicking on controlbear.exe and running it as administrator? Is it the secondary backup that failed? Usually that's because either the ROM you are using doesn't have root or you are not acknowledging the superuser access requests as they come up on the phone's screen.

The version of JBear is probably not the problem and you won't be able to get support from unlimited.io if you use an older version. If superuser access isn't the problem and you have satisfied all the prerequisites and followed the directions on the unlimited.io website, I suggest going to the #juopunutbear IRC channel from their support page and they will help you figure it out.

ramjet73

Upvote 0
As soon as i start controlbear it always says FAILEDstarting up, its not getting an adb connection for some reason??? I uninstalled Itunes, Installed the recomended drivers, unistalled htc sync, still nothing. i even tried different com ports and usb ports, along with using a different cable, this is really frustrating is there an older version of controlbear i can use???

make a folder into desktop. extract it.right click and run as admins..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones