• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP! Data Not Enabling After GB upgrade

delmo

Lurker
Sep 13, 2012
Hey Everyone,

I have an unrooted Captivate i896 w/ LauncherPro and just upgraded from 2.2 to GB.

So far I love GB, but I somehow seem to lost the ability to turn Data ON.

Even without wifi, and no matter how I try to switch it on (settings>wireless&network>mobile networks OR holding power button), the phone says data is on, but the icon does not appear in the notification bar and no connectivity is available.

I have tried resetting the APN to default, and the default APN shows up again, but still no use.

I was reading that this may have been due to the SIM being in the phone whilst upgrading, but haven't managed to get any more data on what happened and how to fix it.

Help, anyone!:thinking:

The APN for Koodo is sp.koodo.com if you're interested, i'm sure that's the default one you can see on your phone.

I've never seen the problem of upgrading with the SIM in before, seems from that post you linked that upgrading the firmware with the SIM in your phone does something to the data connection which is strange :thinking:

Have you tried taking the SIM out of your phone, turning the phone off, putting it back in and turning the phone on again? Sometimes it can be a simple fix, but if not I will do some more digging and see what I can find

Upvote 0
The APN for Koodo is sp.koodo.com if you're interested, i'm sure that's the default one you can see on your phone.

I've never seen the problem of upgrading with the SIM in before, seems from that post you linked that upgrading the firmware with the SIM in your phone does something to the data connection which is strange :thinking:

Have you tried taking the SIM out of your phone, turning the phone off, putting it back in and turning the phone on again? Sometimes it can be a simple fix, but if not I will do some more digging and see what I can find

^ = Rockstar, complete with spandex and the epic awesome rockstar kick!!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones