• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help fix my update

Ekring67

Aug 15, 2011
Ok, so I need some help to get back to stock rom. I was running CM7, and tried to figure out the HULU fix, but was unable to get it to work, and I may have done something to create the following problems I am having. I cant seem to flash anything from the SD card. I am using CWM 3.2.0.1 and have tried the NC 1.4.3, NC 1.3 and even tried to go back to CM7 and all gave me varying sd card errors, like error 7, signature verify, etc.

Please tell me how to get this thing back to out of the box or at least a rom that I can load so I can go back to stock and start over.

Thanks

Reasons this may not work.

What is giving you this error, CWM?

You're doing something wrong.
You have corrupt, incomplete downloads.
You have a bad sdcard.

If CMW is giving you this error when trying to flash your zip file, there's a problem with the zip. Can you open it with a program like Winzip or Winrar or similar program, while on the sdcard? While on your computer?

Where are you now? Does it boot at all?

Did you make a backup in recovery? Unless you screwed that up, you could have pressed the "n" button at startup and gone into emmc recovery and restored that.

Upvote 0
The sdcard is fine, ive reformatted it and tried several different zip files and get the same error. Your last possibility of hitting the n button maybe what ive done. What is the solution for that? It boota ONLY into cwm. No backup to use which is fine, i had nothing to save

Upvote 0
You're only answering a fraction of my questions. :D

Where are you now? Does it boot at all w/o the sdcard?

Can you open it (the file you're trying to flash) with a program like Winzip or Winrar or similar program, while on the sdcard? While on your computer?

Have you tried reflashing the sdcard?

You're positive it says 3.2.0.1 when you boot off of it?

If CM7 is still intact (you still have your boot logo) but it boot-loops, you could try formatting data and formatting cache (equivalent to a factory reset) and see if it boots.

Upvote 0
You're only answering a fraction of my questions. :D

Where are you now? Does it boot at all w/o the sdcard?

Can you open it (the file you're trying to flash) with a program like Winzip or Winrar or similar program, while on the sdcard? While on your computer?

Have you tried reflashing the sdcard?

You're positive it says 3.2.0.1 when you boot off of it?

If CM7 is still intact (you still have your boot logo) but it boot-loops, you could try formatting data and formatting cache (equivalent to a factory reset) and see if it boots.

My apologies, I was replying while at work on my phone.

It only boots into CWR even with the sdcard, the zip files tests ok I can open it with winzip on both the computer and card. Absolutely positive its 3.2.0.1, I had that issue previously with my EVO phone so not to make that mistake again.

I have CM7 on my computer that I DL'd, actually I have several different builds of it (Encore, supersonic, RC1, etc. but it wont flash when going into CWR because of the error. The CM7 logo comes up for a second then it goes right to CWR menu. I was afraid to reformat data, but perhaps I have caused an error on the internal.

Upvote 0
no, it did not fail. It worked. The stock rom file i had must have been bad or something, but oddly enough the BN 1.4.3 that I dl'd to my sd card failed too.
I took your update and flashed it back to stock, dl'd the bn 1.4.3 file and it worked.

So, now that I am back to stock ROM, i think I will root again CM7 on emmc. I have read that CM9 is an option, but I also read a few threads where its still not the best ROM.....yet

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones