• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP!! "FORWARDED MESSAGE" is ruining my marriage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dionne

Lurker
Apr 10, 2012
I just got a Samsung Precedent from straight talk. My Husband- who is VERY insecure and always looking to signs of infidelity in EVERYTHING- is hard enough to deal with without this happening...

He is in a different state than me right now for a few weeks. Last night, I took some umm... "personal" pictures with my phone and sent them to him because he likes that kind of stuff.

So I'm waiting for his response- expecting him to be excited and instead he asks me why the pictures are "Forwarded". At first I think he's messing with me but he's serious- they are showing up as FWD messages on HIS pone (??)

I don't have an answer for this-which, in his paranoid psycho mind, means I must be guilty:rolleyes:

I'm pretty computer savvy but I don't get phones.

My husband has now got it in his head that I sent the pictures to someone else before him. :mad:Forget that that makes NO sense- because that would be a "CC" not a FWD... When I told him that he said I could have had some guy (Old BF , I guess) send them to ME...THEN fwd them to him. Whaaaa?:eek:
That makes NO sense either--why would I need someone to fwd me old naughty pics of myself to send my husband when I have MY phone and MY body right there?

No matter what, he has this NEED to believe that no matter how stupid it sounds. All he sees is that it says "Forwarded Message" on his phone and I can't explain why so his explanation must be true.

The whole thing caused a HUGE fight and I',m seriously on the verge of leaving him. (And suing Samsung for destroying my marriage, lol)

I did NOT send those pictures to anyone else - at the same time, I CAN'T explain why its coming up that way on his phone. The weird thing is, I sent more dirty pics the day before--the EXACT same way--and THOSE didn't say "Forwarded MSG" on it (he says).

Here's exactly what I did:

1. I took a bunch of photos with my phone and saved them to my photo "Gallery" so I could go through later and select the good ones.
  2. Then, as I selected each one, I hit the "Share" option and selected "Messaging"
  3. The phone automatically converted the message to MMS.
  4. I entered my husbands phone number and hit "Send".

That's it.

That's how I sent all of the photos. Yet only THESE (he says) are turning up as "Forwarded Message" on his phone.

He doesn't have the same phone as me. I think he just has a t-mobile or trac-phone pre-pay-probably about a $40 or $50 dollar phone.

Can anyone explain why this is happening ? Because I can't and this tone word or technical glitch or whatever it is, is ruining my marriage. I'm not going to keep defending myself to this stupid idea he has in his head that I didn't do- but I don't have an explanation for it.

Please help- I haven't spoken to him in 2 days...thats how angry I am over this.

I've seen the word 'forwarded' appear sometimes during phone calls to cellphones even though call forwarding is not active. Maybe has something to do with going from one carrier to another.

Not to intrude, but the suggestion above (counselling) is valid. The phone is not ruining anything, the lack of trust can ruin everything. I hope you can come to terms.

Upvote 0
I truly do not mean to sound apathetic... It's better to bid people like that farewell or it could be a bumpy ride for months to years to come...

I write motivational material based on personal experiences and observations.

If you want to keep going down that road, then play to his neediness and do as the others suggested.

I truly hope I didn't offend you in anyway. :)

Upvote 0
Sorry to here about your marriage troubles. I have an Atrix 4G and just followed the steps that you used to send myself a text message, of a picture, I have saved on my phone and it didn't say "Forwarded". [Not saying that your lying or anything.] you might want to check your setting for outgoing text, within the app you are using and see if there is a setting or something for that. Also, try using a different SMS app from the market. [I'm using "Hanscent" since I don't like the stock SMS app.]

As others have said, there are deeper and other past issues that are unresolved that needs to be delt with. Some might even be from before you too ever meet. I encourage you to try and talk to him everyday. Not talking doesn't solve anything, but will make matters worse and pull you too father apart. [problems don't fix themselves.] Also, try and see things from his perspective and meet him were he is. Put yourself in his shoes and ask yourself, how would you react in the same situation. [This will help you to be sensative to his needs.]

God bless you and your marriage and I will pray for you both.

Upvote 0
I had a bunch of forum thread pictures to address this post, ready and good to go, along with a very formidable array of appropriately inappropriate jokes.

However, I see this forum is very respectful and I'm still far too new to "test the waters"...

No one else seems to jump on opportunities like this one to show a lil graphical humor.

With that said I will restrain my self to this:

are-you-serious.jpg

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
We'll get to the bottom of this. Just send me the pictures, and I'll tell you if it says "forwarded" or not.;)

Sorry, I kid, I kid.:) Sometimes you have to laugh at your problems so they don't drive you crazy, though. I hope everything works out for the best for you (whatever that is). Good luck, it sounds like you might need it.

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
i'm not sure why they're showing up as 'fwd' but as someone already suggested, send him one of those pictures right in front of him so he can see that its showing up as a forwarded message.

and then get help because you have bigger issues than sending pictures from a phone (and thats not meant as a joke...you really should get help).

Upvote 0
exactly, the guy seems to have trust issues, and if the problem cannot be reproduced, then there will be even bigger issues, i wouldnt even suggest trying that. i would just suggest contacting your husband, and then convincing him about going to a marriage counselor, some men do not want help with their marriage, so your also taking a risk, but it should show him you are willing to try and make it work.

Upvote 0
the others are right...

1. try to duplicate the error.. with him there.

2. in my experience and from friends.. .if someone is acting very unreasonably jealous... they are feeling guilty for something. you might want to pay more attention to his actions!!

3. Love needs trust... if there aint any in the relationship.. then what you have is not love.

Reactions: alostpacket
Upvote 0
I'm very sorry, but I think the subject matter is not remotely withing the bounds of what I'd call productive (on or off topic) to our community.

Good luck to you, assuming this is a real request, that is.

I'm closing this thread. If anyone disagrees, please feel free to PM me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones