1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

help guys, having second thoughts about the phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jgalan14, Aug 6, 2010.

1. jgalan14

jgalan14 Android Enthusiast

ok so i had this phone for like 2 months now and i really like it, but one thing that i can't get over it just yet is push email, i had BB for the last 3 1/2 years(diferent ones) and i really miss the feature, i still got my iphone for another month but i don't really use it besidse for work, cause always had two different phone numbers, now i feel drag and i want to get the BlackBerry

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ericshmerick

ericshmerick Well-Known Member

My EVO and gmail is *instantaneous* with email. A message hits my EVO before it does my IMAP gmail app on my Macbook Pro.

No tricks, just set it up when I first got my phone.

?

3. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Android Expert

Mine was too, until Froyo. Now my secondary Gmail acct needs to be manually synced.

Gmail PUSH second google account broken since froyo - Google Mobile Help

4. airdog

airdog Member

I noticed the same thing with gmail account. I can send an email from my laptop to my gmail account and it hits my EVO almost instantly. Not sure why since I didn't do anything special. Just set it up on the EVO and its good to go.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Same here. Very fast. To the point almost annoying when people comment after a facebook post.

6. jgalan14

Yeah gmail works great but pop is thw problem I wish all my accounts work like that

7. RickJ

RickJ Android Enthusiast

It may not push but you can set it to 10min frequency. Does that not work for you?

8. jgalan14

Mm yeah i get my email but the thing is that it doesn't appear as read on my mailbox and really Annoys me

9. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Android Expert

Download K-9 mail. The stock app is poo.

10. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Android Expert

The stock app works fine.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews