• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROMs Help Help Help Help Custom Rom Issue

cydal

Lurker
Nov 13, 2011
Okay I'll summarise this as best as I can, I'm new to Android but not to computers and Linux. I got a china 7" Telechips 8901 Tablet 2.1 and I decided to install the custom Rom on Team Telechips website, I know I should have backed up The Stock ROM but I didn't, After installing the Rom it turned out to be Cyanogenmod and everything was fine except that the touch screen was opposite. So I thought what the hell I might as well try the second ROM on the team telechips website which was HSG-X5A one and now the Tablet doesn't start up anymore, It just shows the Logo and goes blank, I had Clockworkmod in there but I can't boot into the the recovery console, Nothing happens when hold those two buttons. So I tried using ADB from windows to boot into it but nothing happens. I can back up the Stock ROM from somebody else's Tablet but if since can't enter the recovery how can I install it. When I tried to adb push anything into nand, it says can not copy, read-only.

Help me please

Can you download a rom from your computer and flash via USB, or find a way to get it into your hardrive or SD and flash that way. When I bricked my evo I just smashed it with a hammer and made sprint give me a new one. Then tried to be carefully after that. Always have some kind of backup even if it isn't recent. That way you can get your phone to boot. I'd you can get to recovery then you can fix it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones