• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP: Issue with Unlocking Android Device

ololade

Lurker
Dec 24, 2018
Hi, can someone kindly explain why am having this error when i enter "fastboot oem unlock" to unlock my device (Tecno Camon C7)?

N.B: i have enabled usb debugging and oem unlocked........still same error.

upload_2018-12-24_0-42-48.png

Kindly assist.

Are you sure it's possible to unlock that device? Even though the options are there in developer settings as they are built into the operating system, some carriers/manufacturers still lock their bootloaders down tight.

That being said, are you using the latest version of the platform tools? I believe your device is new enough to require the newer fastboot flashing unlock command but that also requires an up to date version of the fastboot utility.

I don't know much about the device. I saw a few blogs with rooting instructions but those aren't always accurate. I couldn't find any confirmation on here or on XDA whether or not it's possible with this device.

If you want to make sure you have the latest platform tools you can download them here:
https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones