• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help loading apk on Android Phone

how can I download any apk file in my mobile, because when I want to download any file, then mobile restrict me to not download this file. it can be harmful for your mobile
it will always say this. apk's depending on where you get it, can come with malware. so just make sure you are getting them from a reputable source like apk pure.

here is a list of apk sites that i agree with:

Upvote 0
^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^
Happy John Candy GIF by Laff

Upvote 0
In modern Android versions (the last several years) this option allows you to give one or more apps the permission to install apps (in older versions it was just a single switch, and once set any app with that capability could do the install). My personal feeling is that you should never allow a browser to do this: I've seen examples of ads or scripts on websites that tell the browser to download an apk, so giving the browser the ability to actually install it as well always seems like a way of making your phone as vulnerable as possible. So I personally give one of my file managers the ability to trigger installs and no other app (apart from F-droid, which is an app store itself). And if you want to increase security, do it in stages: download the apk, then give your file manager (or other app of choice) the ability to install, use that to install the apk, then remove that permission from the app you just used to perform the installation (equivalent in the old way of enabling install from unknown sources, doing the install, then disabling it).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones