• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Me Find a Case for my VZX Galaxy Nexus

I'm having a hard time choosing a case for the phone. I will provide what I'm looking for and I'd appreciate some input.

Firstly do I really need a case ? I love the naked phone :)

The biggest thing for me is that I want a case that is easy to remove. I frequently use a spare battery and having a case that is hard to remove would be a nightmare.

On my D1 I had an Otterbox and liked it. I bought the Otterbox defender for the GNex and did not like it. It was just TOO bulky and the back part was too hard to remove.

I like the idea of a soft style, gel or similar case. I liked the look of the Diztronic TPU case but I'm not sure how easy it is to remove.

I think I want something small and unobtrusive.

Can you help ?

The Diztronic case is quite simple to remove, and at $10, you can't go wrong giving it a shot. You'll even get a free screen protector out of the deal.

That said, I have the Incipio case sold at Verizon, the Diztronic Rev. 1 case, and soon the Diztronic Rev. 2/3 case (not sure which they're sending, but I know Rev. 3 is ready, and they were shipped yesterday). So I should have more than enough, right?

I have a pre-order in for a Sena leather sleeve for the phone. I really want to use this one without a case most of the time, but I'm not too hot on having no protection at all. The Sena sleeve should provide some protection while still allowing me to use the phone without a case.

I'll keep all my other cases and will use the Diztronic case from time to time (for example, when I'm using a TuneBelt armband to hold the phone).

Upvote 0
I'm having a hard time choosing a case for the phone. I will provide what I'm looking for and I'd appreciate some input.

Firstly do I really need a case ? I love the naked phone :)

The biggest thing for me is that I want a case that is easy to remove. I frequently use a spare battery and having a case that is hard to remove would be a nightmare.

On my D1 I had an Otterbox and liked it. I bought the Otterbox defender for the GNex and did not like it. It was just TOO bulky and the back part was too hard to remove.

I like the idea of a soft style, gel or similar case. I liked the look of the Diztronic TPU case but I'm not sure how easy it is to remove.

I think I want something small and unobtrusive.

Can you help ?

Try looking at the thread labeled 'Cases', it is full of comments, reviews, and pictures...good luck

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/463598-cases.html

Upvote 0
AB83. I will be using mine with the Diz case on the phone. It is a bit too loose for my liking without the case on.

If the AB84 pouch is the same width as the AB83, it may be a better fit as it will cover the end of the phone a bit better. I tried mine in my wife's AB83, and I was pleased enough that I wasn't going to risk getting the AB84 and not being pleased with the fit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones