• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help me please with rooting my phone

MrTonyy

Lurker
Sep 3, 2011
Hello all.
I'm looking for some help rooting my phone. Its a wildfire (buzz) 2.2.1 with HBOOT 1.10.002. I've tried doing it loads of ways but ain't having any success. Unfortunatly I'm not the tech geek i wish i was. Im aware that downgrading the HBOOT is the essential first step but i cant even manage that.
If anyone can help i will be extremely greatful.
Regards
Tony

Hey man thanks alot for your help. I've been doing alot of reading on this site and finally managed to do it. After rooting to the froyo 2.1 shown there i had a go at another rom. I installed the CyanogenMod V7.1 RC1 (2.3.4) cos with all the hype surrounding it i actually thought it might be good. Now ive downgraded to DK Custom Froyo 2.2. Is there any other rom you can sujest that will make my wildfire fast? And do you know of any way that i could increase the Ram on the phone as everything is now installed on the SD.
Any help or info would be great. Thanks again for your help
Tony

Upvote 0
Hey man thanks alot for your help. I've been doing alot of reading on this site and finally managed to do it. After rooting to the froyo 2.1 shown there i had a go at another rom. I installed the CyanogenMod V7.1 RC1 (2.3.4) cos with all the hype surrounding it i actually thought it might be good. Now ive downgraded to DK Custom Froyo 2.2. Is there any other rom you can sujest that will make my wildfire fast? And do you know of any way that i could increase the Ram on the phone as everything is now installed on the SD.
Any help or info would be great. Thanks again for your help
Tony

No problem, im glad your phone is successfully rooted :)
To increase your RAM, you have to partition your SD card
Im currently using the Wildpuzzle ROM (Android 2.2) from XDA Developers, i havent really tried any other ROMs, i want increase my RAM before i do that, but college is in the way -_-
By the way could you give me some feed back of the CyanogenMod on my profile?
Ive read about somes bugs on it so it stopped me from flashing it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones