• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! My Galaxy Note 3 is not Booting!

Sd M

Lurker
Jan 24, 2016
TL;DR - Note 3 N9005 ran out of charge and is now almost dead with black screen and no LED but vibrates only once after plugging in or pushing the power button. To get it to vibrate again, a power drain needs to be done. The battery is still charging because it gets warm when plugged in.

Hi Everyone! I have a galaxy note 3 SM N9005 32GB. I've started facing a very weird problem recently that I cannot find described anywhere in quite the way I'm experiencing it.. My note 3 powered off by itself after running out of charge last night. Ever since then, the only thing that happens when I plug it in to charge is that the screen stays black and the phone only vibrates once. No charging LED indicator, nothing on the screen at all, just a black screen like when the phone is off. In order to get it to vibrate again, I have to do a power drain before connecting it back to a charger. There's nothing on the screen at all. Can't boot into recovery or download modes and it's not detected by a computer. Have tried multiple cables (USB 3.0 and 2) and have 2 batteries which were working fine till this happened.

Any idea of what's going on? And if I can back up any data from it like contacts and messages? Thankfully, I had transferred almost every app I could to the micro SD card (128GB Sandisk) and was able to at least recover my notes from colornote, but I digress. What is going on in my phone?

Additional info - the battery is probably still charging when I plug it in. I think this because the phone and the battery warm up after being plugged in for a little while just like they used to when the phone was working.

Even more additional info - I don't know if this is relevant, but I recently upgraded to the most recent OS version available. I think It's a 5.0 or something but I can't remember exactly. Also, the front camera stopped working some time after the upgrade. And 2 days before this, 2 apps refused to update for some reason. I don't know if this could be related.

TL;DR - Note 3 N9005 ran out of charge and is now almost dead with black screen and no LED but vibrates only once after plugging in or pushing the power button. To get it to vibrate again, a power drain needs to be done. The battery is still charging because it gets warm when plugged in.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones