• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help: My Phone randomly busts into song

mattwill

May 6, 2010
No seriously. I uploaded a few songs onto my SD card. Out of nowhere, with no settings I've ever placed, it will start playing the song! Its happened at 1:45 in the morning last night, and again today at work. I cant SHUT IT OFF!!!! It is NOT controlled by the music program. In fact if I use that it will start to play both songs simultaneously (train wreck).

I have to put my phone into silent mode to shut it off until the song stops! This is nuts.

I don't know if this could possibly help, but I have a related problem. I have a Ford Fusion, which has Microsoft's Sync technology - meaning my phone connects to my car's audio/nav/controls via bluetooth automatically. If I don't already have some music source playing (i.e., my Zune by USB), when the BT connects, the music player launches. Haven't figured out how to stop that - any ideas?

Upvote 0
I don't know if this could possibly help, but I have a related problem. I have a Ford Fusion, which has Microsoft's Sync technology - meaning my phone connects to my car's audio/nav/controls via bluetooth automatically. If I don't already have some music source playing (i.e., my Zune by USB), when the BT connects, the music player launches. Haven't figured out how to stop that - any ideas?

Happens to me too. Not all the time, but 50% of the time. Weird thing is it just started happening a couple days ago. It never did it for the first month or so that I had the phone and Sync.

Upvote 0
No seriously. I uploaded a few songs onto my SD card. Out of nowhere, with no settings I've ever placed, it will start playing the song! Its happened at 1:45 in the morning last night, and again today at work. I cant SHUT IT OFF!!!! It is NOT controlled by the music program. In fact if I use that it will start to play both songs simultaneously (train wreck).

I have to put my phone into silent mode to shut it off until the song stops! This is nuts.

i have similar problems...

sometimes, my music will start playing while pandora is playing and chaos ensues

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones