• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP: Phone just died

jdcutajar

Lurker
Jun 24, 2013
HELP! Here's the problem:

I was listening to music on my HTC One S (via the 8tracks app) whilst charging it on an iDBUS travel bus. All of a sudden, I heard a loud prolonged beeping noise through my headphones. I tried turning on the screen through the power button but the screen remained black.

The funny thing is that the orange charging light still lights up when I plug it in (although the phone heats up very fast on doing this). I've tried doing the hard reset by holding down the power and volume buttons but no luck (with and without SIM card, not that I know of any difference it'd make). I've also tried connecting the phone to my laptop via the USB cable and using HTC Sync, but the programme says no phone is connected.

I've gone through some forums but none seems to address the issue of a dead HTC One S which still lights up on charging - ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY GLADLY APPRECIATED! Many thanks in advance! :thinking:

I also had this problem with my HTC One S, but in a different scenario.

It took me a long time to discover how I could fix this problem, but it is very simple:

Just hold the Power Button for around 25-35 seconds, and it should turn back on. If not try many times!

It happened to me 4-6 times and there was one time where i had to try it for 3-4 times till it worked -.-

If I helped you please hit the Thanks Button ;)

Moe

Reactions: Ziggys Dad
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones