• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help please - galaxy note gt n7000 - what after rooting,

tikva1106

Lurker
Jun 12, 2012
Galaxy note gt-n7000

v.4.0.3

baseband version n7000xxlpt

kernel version 3.0.15-n7000xxlpy-cl474507
se.infra@sep-103 #3
SMP PREEMPT Fri Maz 4 04:49:06 kst 2012

build number iml74k.xxlpy

hi guys, i'm really confused ! I just did everything except the partial root !!! I mean i followed this guide below (except the partial root):

This method works on the released ICS rom from Germany and I would expect it to work for the rest of the ICS roms due for release..

This method does not increase the binary counter or causes a yellow exclamation mark

Update :
Due to rising numbers of phone being bricked based on rumors and stuff, I strongly suggest NOT trying to use any nandroid backup or restore on this CWM and it is best we keep CWM out of our devices to do major I/O stuff. So far I have never seen anyone bricked their devices on this small rooting/unrooting process but JUST DO NOT MAKE BACKUPS OR RESTORES!

Rooting
Download the Files first and put in your EXTERNAL SD
Reboot to stock recovery. - Shutdown your device completely, press and hold Vol Up + Power button + Home, releasing the power buttons once you see the Samsung GALAXY Note N7000 screen but continue to hold the Vol Up and Power buttons still until you enter recovery
Choose apply update from external storage. - Touch the screen as if you are using the phone to choose the options.
Choose CWM.zip and wait until CWM recovery appear.
( From this point on, the volume rockers and power buttons do not work! It is now a Touch interface like how you use the phone normally )
Choose install zip from external SD
Choose and Install SU-Busybox-Installer.zip
Reboot
You are done and now your device is Rooted

Unroot
Download this File first and put in your EXTERNAL SD
Reboot to recovery.- Shutdown your device completely, press and hold Vol Up + Power button + Home, releasing the power buttons once you see the Samsung GALAXY Note N7000 screen but continue to hold the Vol Up and Power buttons still until you enter recovery
Choose apply update from external storage.- Touch the screen as if you are using the phone to choose the options
( From this point on, the volume rockers and power buttons do not work! It is now a Touch interface like how you use the phone normally )
Choose install zip from External SD
Choose and Install SU-Uninstaller-Signed.zip
Reboot
You are done and now your device is Unrooted

Partial Root
Alright i managed to obtain partial root myself and a fix for the Partial root is quite simple. You can install SuperSU by Chainfire and update the root. would fix the Partial root. Once you install this.. DO NOT USE the Superuser app and DO NOT uninstall the SuperUser app. Use SuperSU from now.

SuperSU - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....supersu&hl=en

END OF GUIDE

OK? Now,

1. i don't know if my phoned is rooted, how to check it up?
2. What to do next, step by step? (sorry im noob, big noob)
3. how to flash, can i make a recovery or back up and how?
4. what kind of roms are compatible with my firmware??? (can i install RocketROM_ICS_XXLPY_v1 ???)

i tried to understand, but i didn't find a complete, after rooting, guide for idiot like me.

I spent a night lool

sorry if im bothering you

thanks a lot

Well the question is - why did you root?

You probably did it so you can install a custom ROM, or software that needs root.

so.

try running software that needs root. if it works, you are rooted.

if it says it cannot gain access - then you are not rooted.

do a search on the Android Play store for ROOT

there are hundreds or thousands of programs for free that require root. just try one of them....

Upvote 0
yes i am, cause i did this...,I realised only later
Reboot to stock recovery. - Shutdown your device completely, press and hold Vol Up + Power button + Home, releasing the power buttons once you see the Samsung GALAXY Note N7000 screen but continue to hold the Vol Up and Power buttons still until you enter recovery
Choose apply update from external storage. - Touch the screen as if you are using the phone to choose the options.
Choose install zip from external SD
Choose and Install SU-Busybox-Installer.zip
Reboot
You are done and now your device is Rooted

but i don't know what to do next, what kind of rom to choose, and how to install it
do you have some suggestions?

thanks

Galaxy note gt-n7000
v.4.0.3
baseband version n7000xxlpt
kernel version 3.0.15-n7000xxlpy-cl474507
se.infra@sep-103 #3
SMP PREEMPT Fri Maz 4 04:49:06 kst 2012
build number iml74k.xxlpy

Upvote 0
There are many people here who want to help and probably could, if only we understood the problem.

As far as I can determine, you have tried to root your phone and are asking how to check if it worked or not. The question you were asked above was: Why did you try to root your phone? If you have an application that needs root, just try to use it. If it works then you have root.

If you don’t have a need for root then I would not bother trying to get it since it complicates updates in the future.

Let us know what you want to do, and what is preventing that, and we can help more.

Regards,
Eric Ritchie.

Reactions: tikva1106
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones