• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help please, I think I bricked my phone

m4p

Dec 13, 2012
I successfully rooted my Slider, installed the BobZhome recovery tool, did a backup, and everything was fine.

Then I installed the Mobster rom, and it said it successfully installed and so I rebooted the phone.

Now the phone won't turn on. I finally got my PC to recognize it although the SD card is not being recognized.

Can anyone please help? I see guides for unbricking phones but not the particular phone. Thanks!

EDIT: After pulling the battery, I was able to get into Recovery. Just because I'm a glutton for punishment, I tried installed the Mobster rom again, and again, after waiting almost 20 minutes, phone still never came on, couldn't restart it or anything.

So back into Recovery and I just restored the original ROM to the phone and all is fine.

I followed all the steps, so not sure why I'm having so much trouble flashing the Mobster rom.

Hi,
Please try this unbrick guide:

Preparation
Download LGMDP
Download and extract CWM Recovery
LG Driver
Disable LG Virtual Modem at PC/Laptop
How to unbrick LG Optimus One
Tools are at the bottom

Turn on the LG Optimus One with hold and press Volume[+] + Back + Power Buttons to boot in emergency mode.
Connect the Optimus One to PC / Laptop
Run LGMDP.EXE
Click

Reactions: m4p
Upvote 0
Thanks so much for the replies. It wasn't bricked after all. After removing the battery, I was able to get back into Recovery and restored my backup of the original ROM.

I wasn't able to find a ROM flashing guide for my phone, the Optimus Slider, so followed a guide for another LG model, which told you to format everything except the SD card. Where I went wrong flashing the Mobster ROM was I guess you only need to wipe the cache and dalvik cache for the Slider.

Just flashed the Mobster ROM again and it worked :)

I'm thinking to flash the Ginger kernal, and if anyone has any tips for doing that, it would be appreciated.

I also have another question, not sure if this is the place to post them, but curious, is there any way to make it so I don't have to unlock the screen all the time? In Display settings I picked the setting where it says to not have it locked, but that didn't work.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking to flash the Ginger kernal, and if anyone has any tips for doing that, it would be appreciated.

I also have another question, not sure if this is the place to post them, but curious, is there any way to make it so I don't have to unlock the screen all the time? In Display settings I picked the setting where it says to not have it locked, but that didn't work.

Thanks again.
To flash the kernel, just do the same. Wipe cache and davlik, flash kernel and reboot.

I've never tried to remove the screen lock. I normally just use slide at home and pin when out.

Reactions: m4p
Upvote 0
To flash the kernel, just do the same. Wipe cache and davlik, flash kernel and reboot.

I've never tried to remove the screen lock. I normally just use slide at home and pin when out.

Thanks, I successfully flashed the Ginger kernel. I also found an app that keeps the phone in an unlocked status, even after booting up, or you can change it back to lock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones