• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help please. Strange voice mail message.

Linda Egbg

Lurker
Nov 22, 2015
Why would one of our droid Maxx phones suddenly stop going to the regular voice mail? Instead we get this thing...."Welcome to the Message Management System".....and asking us to enter the number we are trying to reach. The regular voice mail is set up and was working, but all of a sudden we are getting this new message management system message. And to top it off, it doesn't work anyway. If I enter the telephone number, it says it is not part of the system. Has anyone else experienced this?

I haven't myself, but I wonder if somehow another vm service was added somehow, perhaps by installing an app.

I believe that if you open the phone app and tap the three dot menu control, there is a menu option in settings to determine which voice mail system the phone should use. That may be a clue which app the phone is using for voice mail.

I know that if you switch to google voice for voicemail (as I have done) you can switch back to Verizon by dialing three codes to turn off the vm forwarding. They are:

*73 then send
*900 then send
*902 then send.

Maybe that will work for you?

If it doesn't, I suggest calling Verizon tech support and see if they can help you out.

Good luck. I hope that you get it figured out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones