• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help Rooting LG Stylo 2

I Am Pretty Sure That That the mixer_paths.xml file From Any Lg Stylo 2 Varient Should work,You should ask Someone with a zv4,or zv3 to help you..
I Am Pretty Sure That That the mixer_paths.xml file From Any Lg Stylo 2 Varient Should work,You should ask Someone with a zv4,or zv3 to help you..
Thank you i appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Hello After Alot Of "Experimentation",I Have made A Bootable T.W.R.P Image It Has Some bugs But I Did My Best..We Also May Be On The verge Of Obtaining A custom Rom/Kernal For this Version Of The Phone,**On Lg Stylo (LS775) Boost Mobile Varient ZV3**It May Run On Other Versions Have Not Tested It .. I Have Also Obtained Permanent Root (At The cost Of Having A Softbrick #I corrupted My Boot.img#).I Have a theory About Zv4 I "Think" That The Update Pacthed The boot.img So Mabey If WE Go To Fastboot And Flash A Zv3 Boot.img On A Zv4 We Should Be able To Obtain Temp Root..Also If Somone has the Phone i specified Could Somone Do A Rom Dump/Or Grab There Unmodifed Boot.img so I Can Try To Fix the Bugs On T.W.R.P And TO fix My Phone. TWRP-->https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Gofg_yEN9-Z2hqNFZEUHBzNk0/view?pref=2&pli=1 INFO-> http://forum.xda-developers.com/and...anent-root-t3435543/post68100254#post68100254

I was going to try to help out by uploading the boot.img from my temp rooted zv3. no joy though. i tried to app that you mentioned but a boot partition is not in the list. I then tried to follow the video that uses terminal emulator, still no luck. I just got a bunch of errors. After running kingroot i did verify that the phone was rooted. I am not well versed in getting around android file system but i can follow instructions very well :) so if there is anything else i can try please let me know.

Reactions: l GOD l
Upvote 0
I was going to try to help out by uploading the boot.img from my temp rooted zv3. no joy though. i tried to app that you mentioned but a boot partition is not in the list. I then tried to follow the video that uses terminal emulator, still no luck. I just got a bunch of errors. After running kingroot i did verify that the phone was rooted. I am not well versed in getting around android file system but i can follow instructions very well :) so if there is anything else i can try please let me know.
This Is Very Strange :eek:,This Application usually Works,Are You Sure It Didn't Say "BOOT" In The App Could You send me a Screenshot?...,:thinking:...I'll Give you a step by step,I Just need To Be Sure,Because someone else Told me that the app had the "Boot" And It Worked Backing it up and he was going to send it,But Has a bad internet connection..:(

Upvote 0
This Is Very Strange :eek:,This Application usually Works,Are You Sure It Didn't Say "BOOT" In The App Could You send me a Screenshot?...,:thinking:...I'll Give you a step by step,I Just need To Be Sure,Because someone else Told me that the app had the "Boot" And It Worked Backing it up and he was going to send it,But Has a bad internet connection..:(

here is the screenshot....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-31-11-25-56.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-31-11-25-56.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 165
Reactions: l GOD l
Upvote 0

Attachments

• 20160831_121121.jpg
    20160831_121121.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
and i am glad you did. after seeing your efforts i figured I would start trying. one way or another we were gonna get a boot.img to l GOD l ! I hope it brings us closer to a zv4 root This phone has been collecting dust on my desk for weeks waiting on one. I tried to get perm root with this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/and...anent-root-t3435543/post68100254#post68100254 but no luck
Thank god u guys are on this... I was beginning to think this phone would never get any root or devs for that matter. Its a pretty dope phone all it needs is root... Thanks for the hard work y'all been putting in, I appreciate it and looking forward to getting all the extras back... Hopefully we can get OTG working on here too.... Anyway thanks again!

Upvote 0
Thank god u guys are on this... I was beginning to think this phone would never get any root or devs for that matter. Its a pretty dope phone all it needs is root... Thanks for the hard work y'all been putting in, I appreciate it and looking forward to getting all the extras back... Hopefully we can get OTG working on here too.... Anyway thanks again!
I concur!

Upvote 0
and i am glad you did. after seeing your efforts i figured I would start trying. one way or another we were gonna get a boot.img to l GOD l ! I hope it brings us closer to a zv4 root This phone has been collecting dust on my desk for weeks waiting on one. I tried to get perm root with this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/and...anent-root-t3435543/post68100254#post68100254 but no luck
How Big Is Zv3s,System.Img? Some One Sent Me A Img Of 3gb Can You Confirm This for me?And If Its smaller Please Send Me Yours . And anyone with a lg stylo zv4 i happen to have a update.zip from zv3 I Think It Might fix you guys not being able to enter fastboot( it may be a bug in the ota update that made you guys unable to get into fastboot ,well thats what happen to my broken phone,Long-story-short i brought a already messed up Device has been having problems for a very long time but i cant turn it in to the store its to late),I Also have a zv4 dump i can clearly see (Aboot.img) in the files which I Think Is Bootloader From what i No so The thing is there must be a way for zv4 to boot into fastboot/bootloader...o_O####(Update in recovery mode using adb)### Your basically downloading zv4 again!

Attachments

• update.zip
    100.7 MB · Views: 1,284
Last edited:
Upvote 0
How Big Is Zv3s,System.Img? Some One Sent Me A Img Of 3gb Can You Confirm This for me?And If Its smaller Please Send Me Yours . And anyone with a lg stylo zv4 i happen to have a update.zip from zv3 I Think It Might fix you guys not being able to enter fastboot( it may be a bug in the ota update that made you guys unable to get into fastboot ,well thats what happen to my broken phone,Long-story-short i brought a already messed up Device has been having problems for a very long time but i cant turn it in to the store its to late),I Also have a zv4 dump i can clearly see (Aboot.img) in the files which I Think Is Bootloader From what i No so The thing is there must be a way for zv4 to boot into fastboot/bootloader...o_O####(Update in recovery mode using adb)### Your basically downloading zv4 again!
So what will this update when on zv4?

Upvote 0
So what will this update when on zv4?
Yes Its The Zv4 (Its Zv4 Update),From What I learned,When i tried to update it would always fail i had to download it multiple times Until it worked (This was when i was not soft brick/and did not no anything about zv4 haveing no root also i am still zv3) but it did not download the complete update. fastboot worked once i installed this And recovery,From My Experience It may Some how Fix You Guys Not Being able to access fastboot/bootloader (Samething) Just A Theory,Should Do No Harm Done to You Guys Device

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones