• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help Rooting LG Stylo 2

Hello After Alot Of "Experimentation",I Have made A Bootable T.W.R.P Image It Has Some bugs But I Did My Best..We Also May Be On The verge Of Obtaining A custom Rom/Kernal For this Version Of The Phone,**On Lg Stylo (LS775) Boost Mobile Varient ZV3**It May Run On Other Versions Have Not Tested It .. I Have Also Obtained Permanent Root (At The cost Of Having A Softbrick #I corrupted My Boot.img#).I Have a theory About Zv4 I "Think" That The Update Pacthed The boot.img So Mabey If WE Go To Fastboot And Flash A Zv3 Boot.img On A Zv4 We Should Be able To Obtain Temp Root..Also If Somone has the Phone i specified Could Somone Do A Rom Dump/Or Grab There Unmodifed Boot.img so I Can Try To Fix the Bugs On T.W.R.P And TO fix My Phone. TWRP-->https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Gofg_yEN9-Z2hqNFZEUHBzNk0/view?pref=2&pli=1 INFO-> http://forum.xda-developers.com/and...anent-root-t3435543/post68100254#post68100254

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello After Alot Of "Experimentation",I Have made A Bootable T.W.R.P Image It Has Some bugs But I Did My Best..We Also May Be On The verge Of Obtaining A custom Rom/Kernal For this Version Of The Phone,**On Lg Stylo (LS775) Boost Mobile Varient ZV3**It May Run On Other Versions Have Not Tested It .. I Have Also Obtained Permanent Root (At The cost Of Having A Softbrick #I corrupted My Boot.img#).I Have a theory About Zv4 I "Think" That The Update Pacthed The boot.img So Mabey If WE Go To Fastboot And Flash A Zv3 Boot.img On A Zv4 We Should Be able To Obtain Temp Root..Also If Somone has the Phone i specified Could Somone Do A Rom Dump/Or Grab There Unmodifed Boot.img so I Can Try To Fix the Bugs On T.W.R.P And TO fix My Phone. TWRP-->https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Gofg_yEN9-Z2hqNFZEUHBzNk0/view?pref=2&pli=1 INFO-> http://forum.xda-developers.com/and...anent-root-t3435543/post68100254#post68100254
The z4 or the z3 and how do we do the dump I'm on zv4 my wife on zv3

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
How to get fast boot every time I try it just reboots phone?
Two Ways :mustachedroid: ****First 1****: Turn Your Device Off,Then Plug IN The Micro Usb cable to PC or laptop,Next Hold Down The Volume Down Key Then wait 5 secs Then Plug The usb Into The Phone While still Holding down The Volume down key You Should Realese As Soon As You See Fastboot iT is A Black Screen That should Say Fastboot For Are Device. ****Second 2****Launch Adb On Your Computer Then Type in "Adb Reboot Bootloader" With Out the Quotes! ...... I Am guessing your Trying to flash Recovery T.W.R.P If So Get The folder where Your Adb And Fastboot Is in Then Put The T.W.R.P Image In There. To Make It Eaiser Rename The Image Recovery,Then Boot Your Device Into Fastboot Then Type Fastboot Devices If Your Device shows Up Type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" With Out Quotes!! Then If Its Done The process Right You Should Have T.W.R.P. "###Do This At Your Own Risk Since you have a Zv4 I Have Only Tested This On Zv3 I Doubt It Would Do Any Harm But Just A Warning ...You Never no###"Remmber That It Has Some Bugs That I need TO Fix But I Am soft Brick Because of My Boot.img.. The Twrp Cant Detect Are Devices Partions... :oops:..Which means You Can Not backup Applications ETC.

Last edited:
Reactions: warenintnet
Upvote 0
Two Ways :mustachedroid: ****First 1****: Turn Your Device Off,Then Plug IN The Micro Usb cable to PC or laptop,Next Hold Down The Volume Down Key Then wait 5 secs Then Plug The usb Into The Phone While still Holding down The Volume down key You Should Realese As Soon As You See Fastboot iT is A Black Screen That should Say Fastboot For Are Device. ****Second 2****Launch Adb On Your Computer Then Type in "Adb Reboot Bootloader" With Out the Quotes! ...... I Am guessing your Trying to flash Recovery T.W.R.P If So Get The folder where Your Adb And Fastboot Is in Then Put The T.W.R.P Image In There. To Make It Eaiser Rename The Image Recovery,Then Boot Your Device Into Fastboot Then Type Fastboot Devices If Your Device shows Up Type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" With Out Quotes!! Then If Its Done The process Right You Should Have T.W.R.P. "###Do This At Your Own Risk Since you have a Zv4 I Have Only Tested This On Zv3 I Doubt It Would Do Any Harm But Just A Warning ...You Never no###"Remmber That It Has Some Bugs That I need TO Fix But I Am soft Brick Because of My Boot.img.. The Twrp Cant Detect Are Devices Partions... :oops:..Which means You Can Not backup Applications ETC.
OK thanks

Upvote 0
Screenshot_2016-08-21-19-58-07.png

Upvote 0
Hmm is that an easy fix?

Upvote 0
Im still trying to obtain root for zv3. My phone is the vm version of the stylo 2. Same as boost. Could someone possibly make a guide for people with the zv3? Ill see if i can manage a way to get root for the zv4. Dig into the rom dumps and source codes and hopefully produce a prerooted zv4 update once a stable not so buggy custom recovery is available

Upvote 0
Th
Im still trying to obtain root for zv3. My phone is the vm version of the stylo 2. Same as boost. Could someone possibly make a guide for people with the zv3? Ill see if i can manage a way to get root for the zv4. Dig into the rom dumps and source codes and hopefully produce a prerooted zv4 update once a stable not so buggy custom recovery is available
Thought I seen someone figure out root over at XDA? Using KingRoot!

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0
They did using kingroot then the terminal emulater to install superuser to get permanent root. Kingroot gives temp root. Im just asking for a full guide over it, so people who have zv3 that are looking for a way to root has a full guide on here.
Full Root Has Been Obtained,I Am Working On A Way To Root Zv4,But I am SoftBricked And I Cant Test My method Of Root on My Phone(I Am Going To Use Fastboot To Flash A Modifed system partion ..To Attempt To Push Su) ,If You want Permanent Root On Lg Stylo Boostmobile (LSS75) Zv3 This Link Should Help You..When Some One Sends Me The Boot.Img Of Zv3 (lss75) or Just For experimentation Zv4 Boot.img, I can start Working on Zv4 :( http://forum.xda-developers.com/and...anent-root-t3435543/post68100254#post68100254 Are You Asking For A Full Revamp Of The Orginal Guide For This Website? Soory About The Buggy T.W.R.P :oops: ill Try To Fix It?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Full Root Has Been Obtained,I Am Working On A Way To Root Zv4,But I am SoftBricked And I Cant Test My method Of Root on My Phone(I Am Going To Use Fastboot To Flash A Modifed system partion ..To Attempt To Push Su) ,If You want Permanent Root On Lg Stylo Boostmobile (LSS75) Zv3 This Link Should Help You..When Some One Sends Me The Boot.Img Of Zv3 (lss75) or Just For experimentation Zv4 Boot.img, I can start Working on Zv4 :( http://forum.xda-developers.com/and...anent-root-t3435543/post68100254#post68100254 Are You Asking For A Full Revamp Of The Orginal Guide For This Website? Soory About The Buggy T.W.R.P :oops: ill Try To Fix It?
I try to get the image to u tomorrow I been busy sorry

Reactions: l GOD l
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones