• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help rooting with superoneclick

I followed this guide to the letter:

[GUIDE] And then there was ROOT ! - xda-developers

And when I try to root using SuperOneClick it gets stuck on "Rooting device... Step #6."
Then it crashes the program.

I've tried it multiple times. same result

EDIT:

NVM, Older versions such as 1.7, will work. Of SuperOneClick, that is.

EDIT2:

When I turn off and on my phone a yellow exclamation (!) appears. I assume this is normal, is there anyway to remove this.

Also, can anybody tell me what to do directly after rooting. I've installed Superuser Elite, as I read a lot of times saying that it's the first thing you should do. Is there anything else I should do after rooting?

Thank you for your help.

glad u got it sorted. to remove the yellow triangle on boot, just flash the stock kernel for ur firmware. its available here :
[ROM + Guide]Official i9100 Firmwares KF1/2/3/4/, KG1/2/3/5/6/7, KH1/3 Download - xda-developers

after rooting, it all depends on wat u want to do. i havent installed superuser elit, just the one that comes when i root (regular superuser i guess :D) if u wanna backup ur stuff, remove system apps u dont want etc, install titanium.. if u wanna explorer root access folders, try root explorer. etc etc. search for 'root' on the market, u'd get loads of useful root apps. or even google :)

Reactions: buddy39914
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones