1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help rooting with superoneclick

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by buddy39914, Aug 30, 2011.

1. buddy39914

buddy39914 Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    I followed this guide to the letter:

[GUIDE] And then there was ROOT ! - xda-developers

And when I try to root using SuperOneClick it gets stuck on "Rooting device... Step #6."
    Then it crashes the program.

I've tried it multiple times. same result

EDIT:

NVM, Older versions such as 1.7, will work. Of SuperOneClick, that is.

EDIT2:

When I turn off and on my phone a yellow exclamation (!) appears. I assume this is normal, is there anyway to remove this.

Also, can anybody tell me what to do directly after rooting. I've installed Superuser Elite, as I read a lot of times saying that it's the first thing you should do. Is there anything else I should do after rooting?

Thank you for your help.

Advertisement

2. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

glad u got it sorted. to remove the yellow triangle on boot, just flash the stock kernel for ur firmware. its available here :
    [ROM + Guide]Official i9100 Firmwares KF1/2/3/4/, KG1/2/3/5/6/7, KH1/3 Download - xda-developers

after rooting, it all depends on wat u want to do. i havent installed superuser elit, just the one that comes when i root (regular superuser i guess :D) if u wanna backup ur stuff, remove system apps u dont want etc, install titanium.. if u wanna explorer root access folders, try root explorer. etc etc. search for 'root' on the market, u'd get loads of useful root apps. or even google :)

buddy39914 likes this.