• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help- should i try and get a new phone or fix my issues?

i just like the feel of the stock launcher, and the grouping that it has, i dont think lpp or adw ex, or go has that feature, i was just hoping to have more icons on my launcher instead of 3 and the app drawer thats all, but i can live with it like this. the look of it isnt what i like, its the features that the stock launcher has that adw ex, lpp and go launcher dont have.

Exactly...what features are you talking about?...you mentioned the grouping...you mean in the app drawer?...you can still use the Blur app drawer with third party launchers...I've been doing it since GB came out...

Upvote 0
two questions
1 - where did you get the new blur app drawer icon?
2 - how do you still use the blur app drawer?

i extracted it from whatever version of Gingerbread i was running at the time and placed it on my sdcard...then i changed the app drawer shortcut in Launcher Pro to a custom icon and selected the app drawer icon...

all-apps.png

as for using the Blur app drawer...

if you;re using Launcher Pro

1. you have to make sure the "Home" app is not frozen, removed or renamed
2. Long press on the app drawer icon
3. Change shortcut
4. scroll down till you see "App Groups" slelect it
5. then select "all apps"

the only glitch in the process is that if you're in the app drawer and long press on an app to add it to your home screen it won't work...because it will add it to your normal Blur Launcher home screens...

so you have to long press on your home screen and select "add shortcut" that way...

Reactions: jaydubbs
Upvote 0
i extracted it from whatever version of Gingerbread i was running at the time and placed it on my sdcard...then i changed the app drawer shortcut in Launcher Pro to a custom icon and selected the app drawer icon...

all-apps.png

as for using the Blur app drawer...

if you;re using Launcher Pro

1. you have to make sure the "Home" app is not frozen, removed or renamed
2. Long press on the app drawer icon
3. Change shortcut
4. scroll down till you see "App Groups" slelect it
5. then select "all apps"

the only glitch in the process is that if you're in the app drawer and long press on an app to add it to your home screen it won't work...because it will add it to your normal Blur Launcher home screens...

so you have to long press on your home screen and select "add shortcut" that way...

What dock background are you using?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones