• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help. strange message after latest upgrade

04stangman

Nov 16, 2009
Can someone tell me what this is? After I got the Verizon update for my s4 last Thursday I keep getting this pop up screen then I click it and it takes me to an app in the app store called DU Battery saver and widget. I ca t tell where it's coming from or if it's a virus? Here is the screenshot of the pop up. A y help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Judging by the incompetent standard of English, I would say 100% that's a suspicious app trying to do something sinister to your device. An upgrade of firmware of any description will always be sourced from Samsung themselves, and this is definitely not from Samsung.
Can you drag down the notification bar and does it have an entry in there? If so, long-press it and see what app is doing it.

Upvote 0
Judging by the incompetent standard of English, I would say 100% that's a suspicious app trying to do something sinister to your device. An upgrade of firmware of any description will always be sourced from Samsung themselves, and this is definitely not from Samsung.
Can you drag down the notification bar and does it have an entry in there? If so, long-press it and see what app is doing it.

Thanks for your ideas.... I tried to pull down the notification bar hoping that I could long press the app and see where it s coming from but no such luck, nothing showed? I ran the Verizon security scan as well as another virus scanner and they both say my phone is safe? My guess is this thing is hiding in another one of my apps... but I haven't downloaded anything new for quite some time. I'm stumped. But, the last time I got this message I remember the little Android guy was eating the apple sign... this time its different?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your ideas.... I tried to pull down the notification bar hoping that I could long press the app and see where it s coming from but no such luck, nothing showed? I ran the Verizon security scan as well as another virus scanner and they both say my phone is safe? My guess is this thing is hiding in another one of my apps... but I haven't downloaded anything new for quite some time. I'm stumped. But, the last time I got this message I remember the little Android guy was eating the apple sign... this time its different?

Try scanning with CM Security

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones